Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Default Re: Wichita State to the American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    be great being in a conference with NDSU, SDSU, UND, USD....sounds fun
    like the NCC PART DEUX ?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The writing has been on the wall since the MVFC added UND, I just had a feeling there was something going on behind that scenes to get the eastern schools on board with that idea.

Honestly I don't even mind Murray what I hate is that they will now push for divisions based on geography and it will be completely unbalanced. The Dakota schools need to put their foot down to divisions. Zero reason to have them other then the east schools wanting to be cheap.
    Yeah but UND is actually a pretty good team and has built in rivalries with the other Dakota schools. They actually do some good things for the conference. They are also solid in attendance (Ndsu, sdsu, USD big draws) and are investing in their program. You can't say the same for Murray who UND would curb stomp. Und actually raises the profile of the league slightly

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Missouri State? Missouri State?????

Missouri State has won 20 games exactly one time in the last 6 seasons!!! They've lost 20 games twice. They haven't been to the NCAA since 1999. I'm sure their program will magically get better now that WSU/CU are gone, sort of how Augie got good once all the Dakota's cleared out of DII. The Dakota schools have already passed MSU and are equal to ISUr.

This is the problem with the MVC/Summit discussion, fan perception in nowhere near reality when it comes to the quality of MVC basketball programs sans WSU. The selection committee clearly understands reality, and that is why ISUr was snubbed.

Five years ago, I would have supported a move to the MVC in a heartbeat. Not anymore. Not saying it couldn't work or end up being good, but the shine is off the MVC for this fan.
    Saying because the committee didnt choose ISU is bad reasoning. They generally arent good at evaluating teams.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yeah but UND is actually a pretty good team and has built in rivalries with the other Dakota schools. They actually do some good things for the conference. They are also solid in attendance (Ndsu, sdsu, USD big draws) and are investing in their program. You can't say the same for Murray who UND would curb stomp. Und actually raises the profile of the league slightly
    I know that was tough, giving the Whioux a compliment, but you are exactly right.

Yeah, the rest of the conference did a solid when they brought UND in. As for USD, we were fully prepared to go to the BSC. The MVC schools let us in out of their own self-preservation, don't forget that. It would have been just a matter of time before the XDSU's would have been pulled over to the BSC with us and formed an eastern division with the Montanas and UNC. In hindsight, that might not have been a bad deal either.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Agreed. But Omaha and Denver are exactly who I fear will be targeted by the Horizon. Both of them together.
    My brain cannot fathom how a conference with their geographic footprint would add Denver and Omaha when they have shown no interest in good programs like the xDSU's. Desperate times, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Saying because the committee didnt choose ISU is bad reasoning. They generally arent good at evaluating teams.
    While it is true that they aren't good at evaluating teams, they are the gatekeepers to the tournament. Their opinion is all that matters when it comes to at large bids, and anyone with a brain can see the MVC isn't what it once was.

Wichita State was considered their only "good" win. They went 17-1 in the mighty MVC, the pinnacle of mid-major basketball! 4 years ago, a 17-1 record would have meant 3-5 quality wins. The fact that the committee said they didn't have any quality wins besides WSU speaks volumes about their current opinion of the MVC.

I don't see it.

I know that fans and in some cases conferences go ape crap when it comes to expansion, but this makes little sense.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Murray State will be in the MVFC, the three Dakota no votes won't stop it. UNI will bite the bullet because it's what is good for the conference and WIU will do what it's told to do by MVFC leadership.

Poor Mo-State, they are the only school in the Valley that has a legit FBS offer on the table with the Sun Belt. This is even more relevant if the CUSU/Sun Belt shuffle happens. I wonder if they will try to leverage that?

NDSU
    USD
    SDSU
    UND
    UNI
    Mo-State

ISUr
    SIU
    ISUb
    WIU
    YSU
    Murray State

Why not add Northern Colorado and split from these yahoos.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Why not add Northern Colorado and split from these yahoos.
    now theres a football powerhouse...yeah lets do that
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant