Page 91 of 115 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Roehl's over

Default Re: Tyler Roehl's over

Messingham had even better play calling vs Polesek. Funny that when Carson was going to get drafted Andy Reid praised NDSU's plays (from Polasek). Today when I watch NDSU, I feel nauseous seeing all the talent go to waste. Look at the plays from 2018, man they were so fun to watch.

I remember when Klieman started talking about imposing his will on the game like Bohl, some posters on Bisonville started posting about 'take what the defense gives you' and Klieman adapted quickly doing exactly that. He actually was using this phrase in his press conferences.

Look at this pwnage. Why would any QB or WR want to come to NDSU? Tyler literally took the fun out of watching NDSU football, win or lose.

More-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykQvbpLluK8

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have barely any interest in the 2023 season. Prove to me that there will be something on the field that I should be excited about.

This coming from an alum from 1984 and a season ticket holder for the past 30 years.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    I have barely any interest in the 2023 season. Prove to me that there will be something on the field that I should be excited about.

This coming from an alum from 1984 and a season ticket holder for the past 30 years.
    Not criticizing you, just speaking for myself here.

I'm interested in seeing who steps up at the Safety and CB positions. Also if the LBs take a step forward and return to a great unit. I'm pretty sure the OL will be good but will be interesting to see how they come together as a unit.

WR group...are the young highly touted recruits gonna start to shine? Cue the Roehl ground and pound comments here. Is Stoeffel going to continue to improve and become a bigger weapon at TE?

Just a few things that have my interest in 23....Go Bison!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    We had our divisions' best defense back then. I miss the good old days.
    I miss a full house of Bison fans, loud noise and enthusiastic ESPN TV announcers. I wax nostalgic over this game from 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    Messingham had even better play calling vs Polesek. Funny that when Carson was going to get drafted Andy Reid praised NDSU's plays (from Polasek). Today when I watch NDSU, I feel nauseous seeing all the talent go to waste. Look at the plays from 2018, man they were so fun to watch.

I remember when Klieman started talking about imposing his will on the game like Bohl, some posters on Bisonville started posting about 'take what the defense gives you' and Klieman adapted quickly doing exactly that. He actually was using this phrase in his press conferences.

Look at this pwnage. Why would any QB or WR want to come to NDSU? Tyler literally took the fun out of watching NDSU football, win or lose.

More-
    That was masterful. Messingham really knew how to keep defenses off balance. Running backs would cut back. He would actually run a sweep out of the I formation. Use a single back. Draw plays
    And he had actual route concepts outside of the wheel route that had receivers and TEs wide open. You would see read option and throw to the running backs. Quick hitches and bubble screens. Bootlegs and rollouts. Short passes to fullbacks. And we didnt need to run Stick 20 times before we got to 50 points

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Happy birthday to the most decorated RB/TE Coach in the history of football.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post

More-

This is so true. "Boring" Bison football of the past was still fun to watch. Don't know how many times this year I told someone, "this is just not fun to watch". And it started a couple of years ago. We had a healthy Babich and Gindorff that no defense in the fcs had a chance to match up against even just one of them and we had 2. We could have literally picked apart any team by either setting up the run to open up the pass. Or stretch the defense with our weapons to open up the run and they just refuse to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by bison22 View Post
    This is so true. "Boring" Bison football of the past was still fun to watch. Don't know how many times this year I told someone, "this is just not fun to watch". And it started a couple of years ago. We had a healthy Babich and Gindorff that no defense in the fcs had a chance to match up against even just one of them and we had 2. We could have literally picked apart any team by either setting up the run to open up the pass. Or stretch the defense with our weapons to open up the run and they just refuse to do it.
    But he has 6 National Championships on his coaching resume, guys. Come on…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post

I feel the same way.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Mcaffrey is now playing QB for the niners and shanahan just said let’s use the ndsu trey lance offense. In fact he just made quick call during the timeout to roehl for advise on how to setup QB power on every play.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.