Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Tennessee St in Nashville?

Default Re: NDSU vs Tennessee St in Nashville?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    . Because an FCS non conference away game is not interesting to most Bison fans unless you have lots of money and time to throw around. Even then it's not a good game as Tenn St is not a premier FCS team or a rival. What a joke. Destination game? Lol
    Ok so what should they do while they wait for an FBS invite to show up? We have the EW game at US bank coming up which seems fun, we have FBS away games when we can get them, and the top teams in the FCS likely don't want to schedule us in the non-conference portion for obvious reasons and ESPECIALLY not in the Fargodome.

Plan A: FBS Away game (Doing a solid job here with the FBS reluctance but seems to be every other year at best)
    Plan B: Home and Home series with an FCS blueblood (equally difficult, if not moreso, to get)
    Plan C: Rest is garbage to some of you....it is either a pud FCS team in the Fargodome and we just show up for warm weather tailgaiting, or it is a pud FCS away game that costs money to go to so destination doesn't matter.

Some of you are salty on things that I'm not sure we can expect much more. I guess it comes down to thinking the athletic department is genuinely sandbagging and preventing us from going FBS with opportunities out there and if that is the case I guess I don't know where to go with the conversation.
    Rixen

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    Not sure I get all the hate for this game. We have to have nonconference games and if we can't get fun FBS matchups then at least an FCS matchup with a fun destination is a solid plan B. I am sure they are focusing on a FBS path but they can't just mail it in until that happens. Gotta maintain some new and potentially interesting schedules.
    It's a piggyback off of UND hockey destination games, which by all accounts have been wildy successful. This was met with a collective "thud" from the fan base that's pretty obvious.
    I'd wreck your Momma to win.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    It's a piggyback off of UND hockey destination games, which by all accounts have been wildy successful. This was met with a collective "thud" from the fan base that's pretty obvious.
    Since it's very hard to schedule a home and home series with a traditional FCS power, who would you rather play?
    It's OK to not be OK.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Since it's very hard to schedule a home and home series with a traditional FCS power, who would you rather play?
    Not being a smartass but why is that hard? Because they go for the bigger payout game instead of us?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Fair enough. I guess it is their "home" stadium. Just not going to expect the normal herd of NDSU fans as based on the obvious reaction or lack thereof.
    I'd wreck your Momma to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    Ok so what should they do while they wait for an FBS invite to show up? We have the EW game at US bank coming up which seems fun, we have FBS away games when we can get them, and the top teams in the FCS likely don't want to schedule us in the non-conference portion for obvious reasons and ESPECIALLY not in the Fargodome.

Plan A: FBS Away game (Doing a solid job here with the FBS reluctance but seems to be every other year at best)
    Plan B: Home and Home series with an FCS blueblood (equally difficult, if not moreso, to get)
    Plan C: Rest is garbage to some of you....it is either a pud FCS team in the Fargodome and we just show up for warm weather tailgaiting, or it is a pud FCS away game that costs money to go to so destination doesn't matter.

Some of you are salty on things that I'm not sure we can expect much more. I guess it comes down to thinking the athletic department is genuinely sandbagging and preventing us from going FBS with opportunities out there and if that is the case I guess I don't know where to go with the conversation.
    My view is the Admin is not trying very hard. Not very transparent at all. What are they hiding? I want numbers. Leave off team names. X number of attempts to schedule X number of teams in X conferences over past X years. What is so difficult? What are the plans to get into FBS, what did they try, where are they trying to go now? What are the biggest hurdles and if invited what will the fan base need to do. Since not much info I believe effort is lacking. Easier to not rock the boat while the Bison were winning championships. Well that won't be the case for a while now, not to mention Bison Nation interest in FCS and Frisco peaked years ago and the program is headed down with it. Keep having patience though and trust in those who appear to have done nothing.

Who's the FCS powers? They all left didn't they? I agree with your point, but it brought me to that question. I can't think of one.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    My view is the Admin is not trying very hard. Not very transparent at all. What are they hiding? I want numbers. Leave off team names. X number of attempts to schedule X number of teams in X conferences over past X years. What is so difficult? What are the plans to get into FBS, what did they try, where are they trying to go now? What are the biggest hurdles and if invited what will the fan base need to do. Since not much info I believe effort is lacking. Easier to not rock the boat while the Bison were winning championships. Well that won't be the case for a while now, not to mention Bison Nation interest in FCS and Frisco peaked years ago and the program is headed down with it. Keep having patience though and trust in those who appear to have done nothing.
    I can completely understand your side of issue in the fact that we have VERY little info on what has transpired and what is on the horizon and that makes it difficult to buy in and "trust the process" if you will.

I was more looking at this specific game in a vacuum and thinking it is a new opponent, fun city and stadium destination for the few that make it, and gets our team more exposure in that corner of that country that we very rarely play. The opponent might be a bit of a dumpster but in general I think they checked off most of the boxes.

I'm on team FBS, most of us are at this point, but I just don't want to fall down the rabbit hole of shitting on every announcement that isn't an FBS move. I would still like to enjoy the seasons for the time being.
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    Who's the FCS powers? They all left didn't they? I agree with your point, but it brought me to that question. I can't think of one.
    Montana schools would be a good start…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I heard an interview with Eddie George yesterday seems like he’s in it there for a while, or at least understands the issues and is committed to contributing to longer term solutions than some of these guys who are not SWAC.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie