Page 83 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...-to-iowa-state

Didn't want to start a new thread
    Was hoping he would be OC at some point
    FBS!!! DAMMIT!!! How many years does he have left?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

NDSU attracts talent
    Talent wants to climb
    To some extent, the answer is to elevate the program, despite those that want to hold it back

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Rules exist and its the NCAAs job to enforce them. There is blantant cheating and tampering going on and you're making excuses for it. If a billion industry cant regulate their members, its intentional. Every other industry on the planet that operates in all 50 states has compliance people. Fast food, banks, car dealerships, insurance companies, etc. A good first step would be to set rules with defined consequenses. If they wanted to, they could probably hire 100 people for the entire cost of the FCS playoffs and its chump change to them
    If I read that correctly, you just answered your own questions. They don't want to open that door. It's running just how they want it to run.

So if the NCAA continues to represent only the big schools (i.e. P5 FBS), what would prevent the other schools from breaking off and forming their own organization? With NIL, transfer portal and all the big TV contacts the P5 are making a laughing stock of all the small schools and athletes who participate in them. Destroying the integrity of small school teams and making their sports into development leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So if the NCAA continues to represent only the big schools (i.e. P5 FBS), what would prevent the other schools from breaking off and forming their own organization? With NIL, transfer portal and all the big TV contacts the P5 are making a laughing stock of all the small schools and athletes who participate in them. Destroying the integrity of small school teams and making their sports into development leagues.
    Money. Some of the $billions from March Madness trickles down to D-II/D-III and it seems like there are a few conferences in D-I who have no desire to be competitive on the national scene in any sport and are only D-I because they get a bigger piece of the pie than lower divisions.
    It's OK to not be OK.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    The NAIA already exists. I doubt any schools will be clamoring to join that association though.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    If I read that correctly, you just answered your own questions. They don't want to open that door. It's running just how they want it to run.
    Many still operate on this romantic idea that the NCAA is this independent organization that has the student athletes' best interests in mind. In all reality it's the powerful schools that generate the money running the show and everyone else is either too scared to disrupt status quo or is just fine sitting fat and happy raking in the scraps.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Money. Some of the $billions from March Madness trickles down to D-II/D-III and it seems like there are a few conferences in D-I who have no desire to be competitive on the national scene in any sport and are only D-I because they get a bigger piece of the pie than lower divisions.
    Big schools would love it if the smaller schools voluntarily stopped leeching off their big tourneys and went their own way. The only reason they don't kick them out themselves is that they'd be fighting court battles for a decade if they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    The NAIA already exists. I doubt any schools will be clamoring to join that association though.
    I am a Bison fans but live in Jamestown. You should go a NAIA game sometime (at least in Jamestown). The crowd is into it. Players are up and down the court with a lot of action going around. Also Mason Walters (Jamestown's own product) is great to watch play. He is U of J all-time leading scorer and rebounder. 6'9" strong and smart player. Uses his body well for position. Will shot the 3 if needed but loves the inside game.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Many still operate on this romantic idea that the NCAA is this independent organization that has the student athletes' best interests in mind. In all reality it's the powerful schools that generate the money running the show and everyone else is either too scared to disrupt status quo or is just fine sitting fat and happy raking in the scraps.
    Could you please program that into Herdbot's algorithm?
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved