Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FCS Week 13 Thread

Default FCS Week 13 Thread

Key FCS Games(Games with FCS Playoff Implications)
    Liberty at Charleston Southern 10 a.m. ESPN3- Charleston Southern is a team completely in control of its own destiny. Win and they recieve the Big South autobid, lose and they will be at home for Thanksgiving. Liberty is a team that has had CSU's number, the Flames have won seven consecutive games over the Buccanears. The Flames have also won their last four games, including a 24-0 thumping over a Gardner-Webb team that defeated Charleston Southern last week. Wtih a win Liberty would also still have a glimmer of hope of maybe sneaking into the playoffs at 8-4 but would need a ton of help.

Maine at New Hampshire 11 a.m. Comcast Sports Baltimore/Comcast Sports Northeast/Comcast Sports MA - At 6-4 UNH is clinging to the fringe of FCS playoff bubble, very much needing a marquee win. Something....anything to make them standout among the FCS bubble teams and a win over a Maine team that has yet to lose against an FCS opponent will certainly provide them that chance. At 7-4 UNH would still not be a sure thing but it would give them a chance. Maine also has a lot to play for, a top seed in the playoffs and of course bragging rights is on the line. These two rivals play for the Brice-Cowell Musket, which New Hampshire currently has possession of.

Lafayette at Lehigh 11:30 a.m. MASN2HD/Patriot League Network- I'm not sure I could pick a better game to decide who gets the Patriot League autobid. Lafayette and Lehigh is the most played football rivalry in all of college football and these two teams have met on the gridiron in every season since 1896. As for how this game will play into the FCS playoff picture, it is simple. The winner gets the Patriot League autobid while the loser is out.

SC State at Norfolk State noon- If SC State loses this game they are out and if they win they have reasonable shot of getting an at-large bid at 9-3. This is a game they should win but Norfolk State is capable of surprising teams, they did upset Bethune-Cookman a few weeks ago on the road.

EIU at UT Martin 1 p.m. ESPN3- At 7-4 UT Martin is much like New Hampshire, they are a team on the fringe needing something to make their potential playoff resume standout and in the week's last season they will get that one hail Mary to boost their resume. No OVC team has even really given EIU a game so the outlook may not seem bright for UTM but on any given Saturday anything can happen. Meanwhile for EIU a win basically locks up home field in the playoffs. The only team to have beaten EIU, Northern Illinois still has yet to lose a game this year.

SDSU at YSU 1 p.m. ESPN3- For SDSU this is a game that will put them into the playoff field. SDSU already holding a very impressive win over Southland champ Southeastern Illinois would be a playoff lock at 8-4. But for YSU an 8-4 record could put them in a tenuous position, unlike the Jacks the flightless birds do not have that marquee non-conference win. In fact they didn't really play anyone in non-conference outside of Michigan State. A win would surely put YSU in the FCS playoff field, likely making them one of just two MVFC teams in the field.

Samford at Elon 2 p.m.- By beating Chattanooga last week Samford kept their playoff hopes alive. With a win and a Furman loss the Bulldogs would clinch the SoCon autobid and even if Furman wins Samford is in decent shape for an at-large bid. If they lose to Elon though they are out.

Wofford at Furman- 11 a.m.- Must win game for Furman here. The SoCon autobid is their only hope to get in. The Paladins have played extremely well in their last few games and Wofford has really struggled so I have to like their chances but even with a win Furman is not in control of their destiny. If Samford loses, Chattanooga receives the autobid even if Furman wins due to their head to head win over the Paldins earlier this season.

NAU at SUU 2:05 p.m. Big Sky TV- NAU is a very likely in the FCS playoffs with a win in this game and perhaps would even garner a seed. Meanwhile for SUU they are not a sure thing at all if they lose and fall to 8-4, they really need a win to be a playoff lock.

William and Mary at Richmond 3 p.m- Last week Richmond dealt a huge blow to Delaware's playoff hopes and now they can play spoiler again vs the Tribe of William and Mary. William and Mary lost a tough game to Towson last weekend, the Tribe will very likely be in with a win here and in my opinion I think it is likely they get one. Their defense is just too good to let Richmond run up a bunch of points like Delaware did last week.

Sam Houston State at Central Arkansas 3 p.m. ESPN Game Plan/ESPN3- It is crazy that the two-time FCS runner up is now playing for its postseason life but that is the case and to make matters worse they will likely have to win without starting QB Brain Bell who may have broken his clavicle. Without Bell the Kats still have a lot of talent, especially with all-everything RB Tim Flanders still healthy. Fortunately for SHSU they are playing a team that has been decimated by injuries in UCA, if their back up QB can give them anything they should be able to do enough to win this one but they will be walking into postseason limping if they can't find a QB to replace Bell.

Upset Special
    Delaware at Villanova 2:30 p.m. -I'm not sure what has happened to Delaware since their huge upset of Towson. Last week they let Richmond do whatever it wanted offensively in a 46-43 loss at home and two weeks ago William and Mary completely shut down their offense. Now they face their longtime rival Villanova, a team that entered 2013 with hopes of going to Frisco but have struggled to a 5-5 record vs a brutal schedule. Villanova is too good of a team to finish the season with a losing record, I think they get up for this game in a big way and leave their hated rival stunned sitting at home for the playoffs.

FCS Game of the Week
    Montana at Montana State 1 p.m. Root Sports Rocky Mountain/Northwest- The game of the week as usual at the end of the regular season has to be the Brawl of the Wild. These two schools just hate each other and now you throw on top of that some huge playoff implications. Montana State must win or Denarious McGhee will end his career at home instead of in the playoffs. For the Griz they have a shot to put a dagger in Montana State while also putting themselves in possible contention for a postseason seed. The Griz enter this game on a bit of a roll. Winners of their last three games and five of their last six. At times they've shown to have a pretty potent offense. Meanwhile Montana State is reeling after a tough loss to SUU at home last week and getting routed by EWU on the road in week 11. With injuries to their running backs, the Bobcats will really need to lean on McGhee to have one more big game to push them into the postseason. The fact that anything can happen in a rivalry game makes this match up one worth paying attention to.

FCS Games on TV
    Harvard at Yale 11 a.m. NBC Sports Network
    Maine at UNH 11 a.m. Comcast Sports BA/NE/MA
    Lafayette at Lehigh 11 a.m. MASN2HD
    Coastal Carolina at South Carolina noon ESPN Game Plan/ESPN3
    Bethune-Cookman at Florida A&M 1 p.m. ESPN Classic/ ESPN3
    Georgia Southern at Florida 1 p.m. ESPN Game Plan/ESPN3
    Montana at Montana State 1 p.m. Root Sports Rocky Mountain/Root Sports Northwest
    UT Chattanooga at Alabama 1 p.m. ESPN Game Plan/ESPN3
    James Madison at Towson 2:30 p.m. NBC Sports Network
    South Dakota at NDSU 2:30 p.m. NBC ND/FCS/Midco
    Sam Houston State at Central Arkansas 3 p.m. ESPN Game Plan/ESPN3
    Portland State at Eastern Washington 4:30 p.m. Root Sports Rocky Mountain/Root Sports Northwest/Direct TV 101
    UC Davis at Sacramento State 5:30 p.m. Comcast Sports California/Big Sky TV
    McNeese State at Lamar 6 p.m. ESPN Game Plan/ESPN3

FCS Streams(Free or ESPN3)
    Nicholls State at SELA 6 p.m. ESPN3 **Game will be played on 11/21/2013**
    Liberty at Charleston Southern 10 a.m. ESPN3
    The Citadel at Clemson 11 a.m. ESPN3
    Robert Morris at Saint Francis 11 a.m. NEC Front Row
    Georgetown at Holy Cross 11:30 a.m. Patriot League Network
    Lafayette at Lehigh 11:30 a.m. Patriot League Network
    Bryant at CCSU 11:45 NEC Front Row
    Austin Peay at Tennessee Tech noon ESPN3
    Eastern Kentucky at Murray State noon OVC Digital Network
    Fordham at Colgate noon Patriot League Network
    Gardner Webb at Presbyterian noon Big South Video
    Alabama A&M at Georgia Tech 12:30 p.m. ESPN3
    Bucknell at VMI 12:30 p.m. Big South Video
    South Dakota State at Youngstown State 1 p.m. ESPN3
    Cal Poly at Northern Colorado 1 p.m. Big Sky TV
    Eastern Illinois at UT Martin 1 p.m. ESPN3
    Idaho State at Weber State 2 p.m. Big Sky TV
    Northern Arizona at Southern Utah 2 p.m. Big Sky TV
    Southeast Missouri at Jacksonville State 3 p.m. OVC Digital Network
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 11-23-2013 at 12:17 AM.

Default Re: FCS Week 13 Thread

wow...lots of good games from 1pm-3pm. Gonna be hard to watch them all.

You have done a great job with these threads all season. Not sure how much time you put into it....but I know its more than I have and I appreciate it every week. Well done.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    wow...lots of good games from 1pm-3pm. Gonna be hard to watch them all.

You have done a great job with these threads all season. Not sure how much time you put into it....but I know its more than I have and I appreciate it every week. Well done.
    I went a little overboard this week and spent a few hours but there are so many games with playoff implications I thought I would try to highlight them all and plus the Vikings game got so bad I had to do something to forget about it.

I do agree there are a ton of great games on Saturday afternoon. I really wish the Montana game was at night so I could watch it but at least I will get to see some of it while tailgating.

BYE vs Mussman - The always-formidable BYE has a end-of-the-season tilt against un_'s FCS Coach Of The Year candidate Chris Mussman. While you can't blame BYE for looking ahead to the first week of the FCS playoffs, when they will take on no fewer than eight seeded teams simultaneously, they need to be on top of their game next week if they want to avoid getting too close to Mussman, who has been rumored to be joining BYE on a permanent basis. un_ has already announced a paid attendance of 5900 for this game in el Forko Grande's Alerus Center, but in reality the actual crowd will be similar to un_'s last home game, where they bid farewell to their senior class in the annual Tomato Bowl versus powerhouse Northern Colorado. TATANKA'S LINE: Pick-em. OVER/UNDER: $250,000
    Last edited by Tatanka; 11-18-2013 at 03:08 AM.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    BYE Mussman
    Fixed it for you.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    Sadly, this. He will truly be missed.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    Will it happen today??????????

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Will it happen today??????????
    No wor_ from un_ as of 12:45 Central Time. If it hasn't happene_ by now, I _oubt that it will. I think that the A_ woul_ have pulle_ the trigger imme_iately this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    No wor_ from un_ as of 12:45 Central Time. If it hasn't happene_ by now, I _oubt that it will. I think that the A_ woul_ have pulle_ the trigger imme_iately this morning.
    It just did. TSCF started its own thread.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

I'm going to really emphasize that the Montana-Montana State game is really one to pay close attention to. If Montana State wins I predict they will be coming to Fargo(if they can win their first round game, which may likely be vs SDSU). If the Griz win I think the might get seeded, potentially at 8 which would put them on a quarterfinal collision course with us.

As for playing SDSU it really depends on how things shake out. If they get in I don't really see them hosting unless they get some cupcake like Butler. If they don't host the committee might throw them in a bracket where they see a Big Sky or SLC team in round one which might mean they could see another Big Sky or SLC team in round 2 should they win. Playing SDSU again isn't really the lock some think it is.