Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 Schedule

Default Re: 2017-2018 Schedule

Big games this week. Thursday in Brookings at Frost Arena vs the fuzzy bunnies. Bison let the game slip away in Fargo, now a chance to even the score. Satuday the Men return home to face USD Yotes. Surprise win down there and now to protect home court. Make a statement in these games. Paul Miller is on a roll right now but needs help from the rest. Lets go 2-0 for the week. Go Bison Horns Up!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Big games this week. Thursday in Brookings at Frost Arena vs the fuzzy bunnies. Bison let the game slip away in Fargo, now a chance to even the score. Satuday the Men return home to face USD Yotes. Surprise win down there and now to protect home court. Make a statement in these games. Paul Miller is on a roll right now but needs help from the rest. Lets go 2-0 for the week. Go Bison Horns Up!
    I'd really like to see us use AJ to start against Teletubbie and then use Ward when AJ goes to the bench. I want to see Ward really develop a Kory Brown attitude on defense. His length is tremendous. I think he's great at getting to the rim as well. Start Big Braska against Daum and rotate in Geu and Kreuser. Double team him every time he gets the ball in the low post. Otherwise the athleticism of Geu can hang with Daum when outside. Plus, I think Kreuser can stretch Daum out of the paint on offense and Geu can beat him athletically. Keep those two players in check as best as possible and we have a chance. USD is either lights out or terrible. Hoping for another win at home for the good guys.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I'd really like to see us use AJ to start against Teletubbie and then use Ward when AJ goes to the bench. I want to see Ward really develop a Kory Brown attitude on defense. His length is tremendous. I think he's great at getting to the rim as well. Start Big Braska against Daum and rotate in Geu and Kreuser. Double team him every time he gets the ball in the low post. Otherwise the athleticism of Geu can hang with Daum when outside. Plus, I think Kreuser can stretch Daum out of the paint on offense and Geu can beat him athletically. Keep those two players in check as best as possible and we have a chance. USD is either lights out or terrible. Hoping for another win at home for the good guys.
    Daum is fairly passive on defense. He does not want to foul and not be around for offense. We have to play aggressively on him when we have the ball. On defense we have to play him straight up and use fouls wisely. He is a talents but as he goes so does SDSU. Slow him down and keep Tellie in check you will have a good shot at the win. Tellie getting hot in Fargo was really the difference in that game.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Daum is fairly passive on defense. He does not want to foul and not be around for offense. We have to play aggressively on him when we have the ball. On defense we have to play him straight up and use fouls wisely. He is a talents but as he goes so does SDSU. Slow him down and keep Tellie in check you will have a good shot at the win. Tellie getting hot in Fargo was really the difference in that game.
    Yes, this is the key. Spencer scored 4 quick points to start the game against them here and then didn't get the ball on the block any more after that. Dex ate him alive because Daum isn't aggressive because he avoids fouling. We should get the ball in to Spencer as much as possible throughout the game and either Daum will pick up a few fouls along the way or Spencer could have a career night putting in easy buckets. We are much better as a team attacking the rim now than we were a few weeks ago but we need to utilize the post position a little more to keep the balance.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Yes, this is the key. Spencer scored 4 quick points to start the game against them here and then didn't get the ball on the block any more after that. Dex ate him alive because Daum isn't aggressive because he avoids fouling. We should get the ball in to Spencer as much as possible throughout the game and either Daum will pick up a few fouls along the way or Spencer could have a career night putting in easy buckets. We are much better as a team attacking the rim now than we were a few weeks ago but we need to utilize the post position a little more to keep the balance.
    So what you are saying is our game plan will be to sit Spencer and play Dylan Miller big minutes while we run the weave about 4' outside the arc waiting for the shot clock to get down to about 2-3 seconds before we chuck up some garbage shot?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Like oldmantutters just said, so we will be doing exactly the opposite of that then?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Legitimate concerns about our game planning. We will see what coach does. All I know is that a sluggish start like we had against Western Illinois will not cut it in either game this week.

If you get a change to see the pregame warm up note that when Daum shoots a 3 point shot he walks to half court, and steps on the line and then walks back and shoots again. Back to the half court line and steps on it.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    If you get a change to see the pregame warm up note that when Daum shoots a 3 point shot he walks to half court, and steps on the line and then walks back and shoots again. Back to the half court line and steps on it.
    Wow, that is odd. But then again most shooters have their routines.

Wow, that is odd. But then again most shooters have their routines.
    Sorry work got in the way, but I noticed before the last SDSU vs NDSU game. He also did a bit of it at half time.
    Wondering if its just a way to get so many steps to loosen up...