Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Default Re: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    3.6 million for 3 playoff games

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    3.6 million for 3 playoff games
    McFeely had an article as well. Part of me wonders if it would be better for viewers to move the game earlier, as it seems the playoff games get higher ratings. I wonder if people are "football fatigued" after the new year's games?
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    McFeely had an article as well. Part of me wonders if it would be better for viewers to move the game earlier, as it seems the playoff games get higher ratings. I wonder if people are "football fatigued" after the new year's games?
    The 11 am start time is awful for ratings. That pretty much eliminates the Pacific time zone and much of Mountain. Even Central Time Zone sucks. But if that game would have been on regular ESPN (not 2), and at 2 pm or later, ratings would be much higher. But either way those were some weak ratings. I dont think having Eastern Washington helped. Great team but small fan base. They dont draw like JMU, Jacksonville State, Illinois State

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The 11 am start time is awful for ratings. That pretty much eliminates the Pacific time zone and much of Mountain. Even Central Time Zone sucks. But if that game would have been on regular ESPN (not 2), and at 2 pm or later, ratings would be much higher. But either way those were some weak ratings. I dont think having Eastern Washington helped. Great team but small fan base. They dont draw like JMU, Jacksonville State, Illinois State
    Of course on that weekend, you unfortunately run into NFL playoff games later in the afternoon.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Should be a Friday night game. 7pm

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

what did the Army AA do it was on ABC starting at noon. That would be ideal to trade those 2.

Part of the problem of being FCS is that you may get a crappy time slot for you national championship on ESPN2. You also get no hype from ESPN leading up to the game and an immediate break from the feed as soon as the game is over. ESPN doesn't care about FCS because most of their viewers don't care about FCS. By my count, there were 36 bowl games that had higher viewership than our national championship game (http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/coll...ll-tv-ratings/). And while we know that each subsequent national championship is remarkable, it isn't so for the average football fan. For them, there's no real difference between last year's win, this year's win, and next year's win. NDSU already proved everything anyone cared for them to prove last season when we returned to the championship game and beat JMU. Most football fans around the country who are aware of NDSU hold the position that now we should put up or shut up in FBS.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Part of the problem of being FCS is that you may get a crappy time slot for you national championship on ESPN2. You also get no hype from ESPN leading up to the game and an immediate break from the feed as soon as the game is over. ESPN doesn't care about FCS because most of their viewers don't care about FCS. By my count, there were 27 bowl games that had higher viewership than our national championship game. And while we know that each subsequent national championship is remarkable, it isn't so for the average football fan. For them, there's no real difference between last year's win, this year's win, and next year's win. NDSU already proved everything anyone cared for them to prove last season when we returned to the championship game and beat JMU. Most football fans around the country who are even aware of NDSU hold the position that now we should put up or shut up in FBS.
    I couldn't agree more. The general population could not care less about NDSU's success. As an institution we need to determine what the point of our football team really is. Is it about winning National Titles at the FCS level or is it about bringing more exposure to the university. That's really the line in the sand. Being FCS in the future now has a limited return on investment (outside of the ND/SD/MN borders) from a exposure perspective. If the purpose of the football team is winning championships, that's fine too but then lets change the narrative and publicly say that we don't care about exposure and the football team is simply here to win.

Comscore is a new TV Ratings system:

It takes Cable boxes & extrapolates ratings based on Cable only in Market:

1/5
    ESPN 2
    NCAA College Football

1/5
    FOX KVRR
    NFL Playoffs

For Reference a News at 9pm or KVLY 10pm News gets around 7 or 8 rating.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    I couldn't agree more. The general population could not care less about NDSU's success. As an institution we need to determine what the point of our football team really is. Is it about winning National Titles at the FCS level or is it about bringing more exposure to the university. That's really the line in the sand. Being FCS in the future now has a limited return on investment (outside of the ND/SD/MN borders) from a exposure perspective. If the purpose of the football team is winning championships, that's fine too but then lets change the narrative and publicly say that we don't care about exposure and the football team is simply here to win.

2 words: "Trophy Chasing"
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?