Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Start Paying Attention to Flight Cancellations

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Start Paying Attention to Flight Cancellations

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Simple answer. Do not test anyone.... There now there will be a game on saturday.
    No need to test someone for a cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    No need to test someone for a cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I understand NCAA testing protocol correctly, you are not testing if vaccinated unless you show symptoms. NDSU is over 90% if memory serves. Then, just keep you mouth shut and say nothing since many vaccinated players have or will have this current wave, shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    If I understand NCAA testing protocol correctly, you are not testing if vaccinated unless you show symptoms. NDSU is over 90% if memory serves. Then, just keep you mouth shut and say nothing since many vaccinated players have or will have this current wave, shortly.
    And no testing for anyone once the team gets to Frisco tomorrow unless they show symptoms.

https://herosports.com/fcs-champions...injuries-bzbz/

The testing policy for the championship remains the same as the other NCAA-run FCS playoff games: unvaccinated Tier 1 personnel need to test weekly, and vaccinated individuals do not need to test unless they are showing symptoms. NDSU and MSU are almost fully vaccinated in their Tier 1.

So only a small number of individuals will need to test this week before departing to Texas. The programs will submit an attestation (evidence or proof) of vaccine status or negative test prior to arriving in Frisco on Wednesday. No testing is required once in Frisco unless someone starts to show symptoms, in which testing will be available.

“I think we’re in a position where I can confidently say at this point where we stand, we’re not going to be missing anybody [due to COVID],” Vigen said. “Obviously, we have a ways to go yet before we get on that plane.”
    So basically once they board the team plane to Frisco they're in the clear. I'd guess it would take more than just a sniffle or a fever for a player to be declared as "showing symptoms" in the days leading up to the game and given the demographic that the typical college football player falls into that's all it's likely to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Nope.

If both teams are unable to play after arriving in Frisco, the game will be declared a no-contest, and the 2021 NCAA Division I FCS championship will be vacated.
    EC8 just got a boner

Shots from 9-10 months ago still work??? really?? LOL

Hey, I'm just worried about the Pilots/TSA/Baghandlers working so we can all fly down! thank you Delta CEO for changing the CDC 10 day to 5 day quarantine! Bravo!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    EC8 just got a boner
    Hey man... I've got BB season tickets and don't know if I'm getting reimbursed for USD cancelling their game.

They are pretty serious about the protocol. When we traveled with them to Youngstown we had to send them a copy of our vaccinations card. My moneys on the Bison.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good luck to all of you that are traveling to Frisco. Be safe, smart and cautious. The world has changed a lot since the last time we attended in 2014. Give yourself extra time for driving and be well rested between travel legs. Hydrate with water, not beer when driving!
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Hey, I'm just worried about the Pilots/TSA/Baghandlers working so we can all fly down! thank you Delta CEO for changing the CDC 10 day to 5 day quarantine! Bravo!
    Why I am driving this year; you should be thinking the same......too much uncertainty on flights.

Why I am driving this year; you should be thinking the same......too much uncertainty on flights.
    good, then you can be our taxi from tight ends to wild pitch to cheetahs.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?