Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Entz to Nebraska???

Default Re: Entz to Nebraska???

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Unreliable sources have informed me that it's ........ "Bubba to Nebraska"!!!!! Bubba deserves his chance. Before all you naysayers chime in......look at Bubba's record.............oh, wait
    Don't tease me with such dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    I jokingly threw Entz's name out to some buddies that are Husker fans. They said they'd love to have him. I told them they can continue their path to irrelevancy and be the Kansas St of the Big 10.

Im not sure it matters anyway...if you're not Bama, UGA, Clemson, OSU, or OU then you're pretty much just playing for participation awards.
    Any given year there is 4-5 teams with a bona fide shot at a title. But the list is far more extensive than the list you provided. The list will be expanding effective immediately as well with playoff expansion.

Probably 15-20 schools with a legit shot at doing well. Nebraska isn't one of those schools and never will be.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Great point---I'd think HC relationship with AD is huge at the collegiate level. Why would Kleiman sacrifice that for a full rebuild at Nebraska?
    Because it's a better conference and Nebraska would probably more than double his annual salary not to mention having basically unlimited resources with that B1G media money they'll be collecting. Even if he fails miserably like Scott Frost did he's probably still in line for an 8-figure buyout (like Frost just got). Money makes the (college football) world go round.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    0.00 chance of Entz to Nebraska.

but 50% chance of Klieman going to Nebraska.... then Entz to K State.
    What about Bohl?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    What about Bohl?
    You forgot the purple.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    You forgot the purple.
    If they are still holding a grudge after a national championship loss, damn near 20 years ago and they don't realize he's gotten better, they are dumb.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If they are still holding a grudge after a national championship loss, damn near 20 years ago and they don't realize he's gotten better, they are dumb.
    I don't disagree but based on some of their recent coaching hires/fires, I think you're spot on with the last 3 words of your post.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, Entz to Nebraska has absolutely no chance... guessing some ESPN type guy might've thrown his name out there amongst a dozen or more others to see what sticks. Much more likely that Klieman has those kind of discussions. Nebraska is a $5M a year type coaching job so they can poach from other P5 schools or pretty much any G5 head coach they want. Those dominoes won't fall for a while though but Entz is probably going to be a hot name at several places at the G5 level when they start falling. If he goes say hello to Head Coach Tyler Roehl.
    Only list I have seen Coach Entz on was from the story McFeely ran with and made an article out of. And even on that list it seemed like he was a filler.

Here is the tweet from McFeely's article.

Pete Thamel
    @PeteThamel
    Names for Nebraska: Matt Campbell, Mark Stoops, Dave Aranda, Bill O’Brien, Lance Leipold, Jim Leonard, PJ Fleck, Chris Klieman, Dave Doeren, Sam Pittman, Alex Grinch, Matt Entz, Bret Bielema, Jamey Chadwell and Troy Calhoun.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hire Troy Calhoun and bring back the option
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Only list I have seen Coach Entz on was from the story McFeely ran with and made an article out of. And even on that list it seemed like he was a filler.

Here is the tweet from McFeely's article.

Pete Thamel
    @PeteThamel
    Names for Nebraska: Matt Campbell, Mark Stoops, Dave Aranda, Bill O’Brien, Lance Leipold, Jim Leonard, PJ Fleck, Chris Klieman, Dave Doeren, Sam Pittman, Alex Grinch, Matt Entz, Bret Bielema, Jamey Chadwell and Troy Calhoun.
    What, McFeely try to make a story out of nothing the week of an FBS game? I'm shocked

When I see his "column" all I read is

"Click me! Click me! Click me!"
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*