Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FCS---Frisco Chanpionship tickets

Default Re: FCS---Frisco Chanpionship tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yup, I'll take the game being on a Sunday if it means we get rid of the awful 11AM kickoff. Will just be a Friday-Monday trip instead of a Thursday-Sunday trip for me now. Same amount of work days missed.
    Ummmm...unless I read that wrong, it will be a 10am central kickoff...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Tickets go on sale at 10AM CT on 9/16 but the game will kick off at 1PM CT on 1/8/23: https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-r...ay-jan-8-2023/

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I think you read it wrong. Tickets go on sale at 11am ET.

The game is at 2pm ET.

Ahhh...glad I read it wrong. Thanks for the correction.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

For those complaining about why they would go up against the NFL; there is no college football at all on the 7th, only game left is the championship game on the 9th. If you look at the NFL schedule, every game is listed as “TBA”. My guess is that their will be games on Saturday and Sunday. So it would be competing with the NFL both days. Putting it on network TV, and especially at a reasonable time at 1:00 is definitely a good thing.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    For those complaining about why they would go up against the NFL; there is no college football at all on the 7th, only game left is the championship game on the 9th. If you look at the NFL schedule, every game is listed as “TBA”. My guess is that their will be games on Saturday and Sunday. So it would be competing with the NFL both days. Putting it on network TV, and especially at a reasonable time at 1:00 is definitely a good thing.
    That's week 18 of the NFL season. They don't set games times until the week before to ensure that everyone who is competing for playoff positioning is playing at the same time and no one can mail it in depending on the results of an already finished game. There will be two games on Saturday 1/7 and 14 games on Sunday 1/8. There's going to be a lot (probably 7-9) of NFL games kicking off at noon CT that Sunday with both FOX and CBS airing games at that time. It's going to hurt the TV ratings compared to the old time slot on Saturday but it'll be better for the fans in attendance.

EDIT: See the TDB Games section at the bottom of this article: https://www.nfl.com/schedules/2022/REG18/

In Week 18, two games will be played on Saturday (4:30 PM ET and 8:15 PM ET) with the remainder to be played on Sunday afternoon (1:00 PM ET and 4:25 PM ET) and one matchup to be played on Sunday night (8:20 PM ET). Specific dates, start times, and networks for Week 18 matchups will be determined and announced following the conclusion of Week 17.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    I love that ABC felt we were worthy to go in this timeslot.
    Front and center on a day where people watch football.

Football fans watching NFL games and channel surfing might go "hey, check out that new NFL team" LOL.
    I think it actually could be great exposure. Tons of football fans watching TV, and not all will be into the NFL games that day, especially if their team isn't playing.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    I love that ABC felt we were worthy to go in this timeslot.
    Front and center on a day where people watch football.

Football fans watching NFL games and channel surfing might go "hey, check out that new NFL team" LOL.
    I think it actually could be great exposure. Tons of football fans watching TV, and not all will be into the NFL games that day, especially if their team isn't playing.
    Most of the meaningless NFL games will be in the Sunday early time slot so hopefully we’ll pick off some in those markets as well.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Dudes! It's the first weekend there ain't any college football and the nfl has games Saturday that weekend too. Either day regardless there should be channel surfers looking for football eh. Less nfl games on Sunday because a few will be Saturday. It works each day eh.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Dudes! It's the first weekend there ain't any college football and the nfl has games Saturday that weekend too. Either day regardless there should be channel surfers looking for football eh. Less nfl games on Sunday because a few will be Saturday. It works each day eh.
    There will only be two games on Saturday with no games on Monday or Thursday so the same number of games will still be on Sunday.
    It's OK to not be OK.