Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 1/31: @ iupui

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 1/31: @ iupui

Quote Originally Posted by BFKasper14 View Post
    Oh sorry Mr. Bergundy. I apologize! Let me correct myself...

Boy this team really played well today! Losing to a 10-13 team is awesome! You know what? I think free throws are overrated. Who needs em? This team really should pat themselves on the back for their effort! Great show boys! Let's go play the next game, but if we lose, that's ok! At least we got close and got the moral victory!

That better? Sorry for being a dick, but I expect wins. When you're up by 10 four times in a season and blow the leads, something needs to be addressed. Today it was free throws, defense, and keeping rhythm the entire game. I'm sick of this team quitting after the first 3 quarters of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Davis down by 9
    Ark St down by 13
    UND down by 15

This team has also come back from big deficits. Forget about those? Pretty easy to only remember the blown leads, I guess, and not give credit for the great wins.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post
    Davis down by 9
    Ark St down by 13
    UND down by 15

This team has also come back from big deficits. Forget about those? Pretty easy to only remember the blown leads, I guess, and not give credit for the great wins.
    You know what? You guys are right. I went off the handle and said some things that were unprofessional. I can admit when I'm wrong. Apologies all around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    agreed this year is about developement we are not going dancing and if we did we would be a 16 seed. Last year with LA we were a 15 and this team is no where as good as last year.
    Disagree pretty firmly. This team, with Dupree, has every contributor besides Alexander from last year. Paul's step up has made up a lot of that gap. This team beat a Montana team by 20 that it lost to last year. That's maybe not the best way to look at it but to say they're "nowhere near as good" is honestly ludicrous. By the time March comes around they'll have just as good of a chance at dancing as last year's squad did. "Too young".... lol, uh 6 of the 7 guys that played last year are on this years team and have another year of experience.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

I think if Dupree hadn't quit for that short period the team has a few more wins, that said if he can come back and help out in the tournament I could see the team making a run. This team isn't terrible, just at times they have some lapses. It reminds me of young teams with Braun and LA. These issues are really magnified on the road.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

NDSU is definitely not a bad team. Bad teams get blown out of the water and when this team loses it is usually a squeaker. Someone else mentioned it, but this team, with its lapses, cold spells, and sloppy streaks reminds me some of the young Braun, LA team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Well then don't be a dick. Where did I say free throws aren't important. It's common sense. Everyone over the age of 3 knows why we just lost.
    Pot calling kettle black. Look yourself in the mirror for once.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Terrible loss today. Pissed away a 10 point second half lead. Can't in bound the ball. Can't make fricking free throws. The whole program needs to do some soul searching and that includes the coaching staff. Dave was out coached IMO. Why isnt Dex in bounding it in a late foul situation. He shouldn't be going to the line there. Need to pull there heads out before the tourney or they might as well stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    AJ and Dex 3 for 10 from the free throw line. We should be shooting 70% from the line as a team. Poor free throw shooting cost us this game.
    Are they from Milwaukee?

Ooof.

Bad loss to take.

Thankfully we're only halfway through the conference schedule. Bust out the rest of the way and don't drop a game. Get better from the free throw line (gotta earn 'em!), play solid D, and stop putting out cruise control with 10 minutes left in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Get a lead. Engage cruise control. Bleech
    It's almost like they're trying to be like the football team and eat up the clock rather than keep the intensity scoring. Gotta make free throws though.