Page 120 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1335

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I don't think I'll lose any sleep over internet comments

But, I welcome everyone who disagreed with my comment to please give me facts about all the rural kids that have had a huge impact on the basketball team in the last 11 years.
    I suspect I'll hear crickets.
    I don’t give a fuck where they come from as long as they help us win.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I don't think I'll lose any sleep over internet comments

But, I welcome everyone who disagreed with my comment to please give me facts about all the rural kids that have had a huge impact on the basketball team in the last 11 years.
    I suspect I'll hear crickets.
    Also, sure, I’ll go there...

You can criticize recruiting all you want, but your line of reasoning that it’s the “rural farm boys” bringing the program down and somehow we’re just obsessed with getting all the farm kids we can on this team because they are the true heroes... yeah, that’s fucking stupid.

I guess he doesn’t like the sound of my crickets...

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Good job!
    But good luck also! He is stubborn, won’t put the shovel down......
    When Chapo gets caught making stuff up on a thread, he at least goes quiet on it or changes the subject.
    ThunderDan’s style seems to be trying to divert Bisonville’s attention from the outrageous putdowns/exaggerations/entitlement he talks of - over to this farm thing.

Some of ThD’s greatest hits:

Gee, I'm shocked we cant' get better athletes year after year when NDSU reminds them of a fucking cattle farm.
    The Summit is so garbage it's almost impossible to not win it, unless your a dumpster fire, which 90% of the teams are. I mean, it's only been 2 freaking teams in the last 9 years that have won the title...think about that.
    90% - nice math skills - SDSU, USD, NDSU, ORU - are not dumpster fires

NET rankings

SDSU - 94
    ORU - 164
    NDSU - 167
    USD - 172

NDSU is so small time thinking it's embarrassing. The football program is a yawner at this point, beating the shit out of programs that have no business even fielding teams.
    And the basketball program gets all excited over farm boys coming to play for them.
    Yes we are excited about the 2 new recruits - as pointed out to you they are both top 10 recruits in Minnesota and both sound like good people (as the vast majority of Bison athletes are)

And no, successful in my book is not winning the summit league. A monkey can do that. Literally, 2 teams have won it in the last 9 years. It's a joke league.

Alto of people here are content with just getting to the NCAA tourney, and that's fine. There are always small minded people everywhere, I'm not gonna hate them for it
    Last edited by bruinbison; 01-21-2021 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Good job!
    When Chapo gets caught making stuff up on a thread, he at least goes quiet on it or changes the subject.
    ThunderDan’s style seems to be trying to divert Bisonville’s attention from the outrageous putdowns/exaggerations/entitlement he talks of - over to this farm thing.
    Maybe he’s having trouble finding his shovel?

I have no desire to get into (another) shouting match on here, but if we can all agree that there are advantages to try and grab the best in-state talent, and then acknowledge that there’s a good chance that said talent will be from a rural community in the state of North Dakota, I guess I don’t know what the argument would be?

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm not sure what you want me to say...I never said "rural farm boys" are bringing the program down.
    You would be a good WH Press Secretary, since you make shit up.

I just look at facts. And the facts are that recruiting rural kids from ND or MN does not typically produce players who are great. I'm not saying they can't be a diamond in the rough, but look at past history buddy. They usually sit at the end of the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Someone to keep an eye on is 6'6 Sophomore William Ware from Bismarck Century. Sister Lauren plays for Arizona.
    Saw a recent Bismarck Tribune article where another Century sophomore,
    6’ 9” Ryan Erikson, had a big game playing alongside William Ware. (26 points)

https://bismarcktribune.com/sports/h...1896a3560.html

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Good job!

Some of ThD’s greatest hits:

90% - nice math skills - SDSU, USD, NDSU, ORU - are not dumpster fires

NET rankings

SDSU - 94
    ORU - 164
    NDSU - 167
    USD - 172

Yes we are excited about the 2 new recruits - as pointed out to you they are both top 10 recruits in Minnesota and both sound like good people (as the vast majority of Bison athletes are)
    The Summit is 25th/26th/27th out of 32 conferences in the NCAA depending on where you look and what rankings you choose to believe are legit And that is pretty consistent year over year. Either way, the Summit sucks...come back into reality bud. It's not such a bad place to live.

I'm not sure how your "NET" rankings are helping your cause...there are only 350ish schools in D1, so being ranked in the 160-170 range isn't really something to be excited about.....
    If you want, I can tell you about all the schools ranked higher than that. Grand Canyon University, Eastern Washington, Cleveland St, Old Dominion, Satin Peters, Alabama AM, Ball State, Little Rock (I guess thats a college?) East Carolina, Lafayette, Vermont...the list goes on.

Oh, also Duke is ranked 92nd on that "NET" rankings thing. But yea, you right, they would probably lose to most teams ahead of them, such as UC Riverside, Marshall, Abilene Christian, Liberty, Wofford, Kent St, Providence....should I keep going?
    I don't care what your "rankings' say, because I use logic. And logic would tell you that the Summit is a shit league in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not sure what you want me to say...I never said "rural farm boys" are bringing the program down.
    You would be a good WH Press Secretary, since you make shit up.

I just look at facts. And the facts are that recruiting rural kids from ND or MN does not typically produce players who are great. I'm not saying they can't be a diamond in the rough, but look at past history buddy. They usually sit at the end of the bench.
    Do you know what a generalization is? It appears I need to explain that word to you, fucktwat. Sorry I didn’t quote you directly like Bruin, but let me help you with a few things:

-When you say “I never said ‘rural farm boys’ are bringing the program down” and then in the very next paragraph you say “recruiting kids from ND or MN does not typically produce players who are great”... that’s called a contradiction.
    -When you say “ recruiting kids from ND or MN does not typically produce players who are great”... that’s called using anecdotal evidence to support a hypothesis. “Anecdotal” is word that is typically used to refer to a story or example that does nothing to support a theory or hypothesis, it’s just a story.

So, to sum up for you... the facts are that NDSU recruits some players that work out, and some that don’t. Some come from rural communities and some come from urban communities, some from MN and ND, some from other states. None of these facts mean that you can’t find talented basketball players in any of those locations.

Therefore, you are full of shit. I suggest you take your act to UN_ where your type of “logic” is not only accepted, but celebrated.

Btw, I don’t even follow the MBB program that closely... your bullshit smells so bad I just can’t help myself.

Do you know what a generalization is? It appears I need to explain that word to you, fucktwat. Sorry I didn’t quote you directly like Bruin, but let me help you with a few things:

-When you say “I never said ‘rural farm boys’ are bringing the program down” and then in the very next paragraph you say “recruiting kids from ND or MN does not typically produce players who are great”... that’s called a contradiction.
    -When you say “ recruiting kids from ND or MN does not typically produce players who are great”... that’s called using anecdotal evidence to support a hypothesis. “Anecdotal” is word that is typically used to refer to a story or example that does nothing to support a theory or hypothesis, it’s just a story.

So, to sum up for you... the facts are that NDSU recruits some players that work out, and some that don’t. Some come from rural communities and some come from urban communities, some from MN and ND, some from other states. None of these facts mean that you can’t find talented basketball players in any of those locations.

Therefore, you are full of shit. I suggest you take your act to UN_ where your type of “logic” is not only accepted, but celebrated.

Btw, I don’t even follow the MBB program that closely... your bullshit smells so bad I just can’t help myself.
    I never said recruiting kids from ND or MN doesn't produce players who are great...I said "rural" players from ND and MN.
    You sure like to leave out the facts in order to manipulate stuff...you could def work in politics.
    That one word makes a HUGE difference in my comments

But, feel free to give me a list of all the rural kids we have recruited in the last decade that didn't ride the bench their whole career, and who were even average at best.
    I'll wait