im fine with both bball recruits.

streit and Carlson
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    im fine with both bball recruits.

streit and Carlson
    They are the number 3 and 8 ranked players for 2021 in MN. That's the best we've ever done with ranked recruits, and being from MN is a plus. The fact that they are both farm kids is a bonus as far as I'm concerned. Lots of big city kids on the roster too (like Rocky from White Bear who went to TG), it really doesn't matter, what matters is if they can play, and they clearly can.

Anyone that wants to talk badly about the background of any of these players clearly has no integrity . . . ie BlunderDan. Good days ahead for Bison Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    They are the number 3 and 8 ranked players for 2021 in MN. That's the best we've ever done with ranked recruits, and being from MN is a plus. The fact that they are both farm kids is a bonus as far as I'm concerned. Lots of big city kids on the roster too (like Rocky from White Bear who went to TG), it really doesn't matter, what matters is if they can play, and they clearly can.

Anyone that wants to talk badly about the background of any of these players clearly has no integrity . . . ie BlunderDan. Good days ahead for Bison Basketball.
    BlunderDan......that’s funny

And who is this Carlson El_Chapo speaks of......sigh......
    The Chapped Lako effect......

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    BlunderDan......that’s funny

And who is this Carlson El_Chapo speaks of......sigh......
    The Chapped Lako effect......
    "I understand the weather pattern picks up the Calcutta Clipper — swings down, swings up, lake front influence, then out."

Thunderdan just came in with one of the worst posts of alltime on these boards. But he's not wrong. about the football program yawner games.

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    The offense the year they beat Oklahoma in the tournament was built around Bjorklund.
    So, in 11 years of D1, you're using one season to talk about one kid who was a farm guy and was not even the best player on the team....you're not good at making points

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Every athlete that has come from North Dakota is automatically deemed a “farm boy” by ThunderDan, I guess...
    Lemme know where in my comment that I said that...
    I'll give you $100 when you quote it.

aside from the farm boy post... the rest of it does have some semblance of truth

Not wrong about farm boys coming to play for the basketball team in the D1 era. Nothing about my comment was incorrect.
    You got maybe 2 guys tops that were good and came from rural areas? Out of 11 years of recruits in D1? I'll give you Marshall Bjorklund and....well shit, that actually is the only rural one. I guess I'll give you one guy then.

But, go ahead and look at the teams from the last 10-12 years and tell me we got lots of pig farmers and country kids that were studs....

I may not always agree with you Lakes...errr, El Chapo..., but at least I think you are smart enough to realize we are not ever going to be more successful by picking up pig farmers and acting like they are the next Ben Woodside or Lawrence Alexander.
    And no, successful in my book is not winning the summit league. A monkey can do that. Literally, 2 teams have won it in the last 9 years. It's a joke league.

Alto of people here are content with just getting to the NCAA tourney, and that's fine. There are always small minded people everywhere, I'm not gonna hate them for it. ( I know you are not one of them, but there are many)

But NDSU basketball program should be way better than it is. Winning the Summit every couple years is not success. If the football team was in the Patriot League and won the title every year, would people be like, "Shit, we're great!"

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Not wrong about farm boys coming to play for the basketball team in the D1 era. Nothing about my comment was incorrect.
    You got maybe 2 guys tops that were good and came from rural areas? Out of 11 years of recruits in D1? I'll give you Marshall Bjorklund and....well shit, that actually is the only rural one. I guess I'll give you one guy then.

But, go ahead and look at the teams from the last 10-12 years and tell me we got lots of pig farmers and country kids that were studs....

I may not always agree with you Lakes...errr, El Chapo..., but at least I think you are smart enough to realize we are not ever going to be more successful by picking up pig farmers and acting like they are the next Ben Woodside or Lawrence Alexander.
    And no, successful in my book is not winning the summit league. A monkey can do that. Literally, 2 teams have won it in the last 9 years. It's a joke league.

Alto of people here are content with just getting to the NCAA tourney, and that's fine. There are always small minded people everywhere, I'm not gonna hate them for it. ( I know you are not one of them, but there are many)

But NDSU basketball program should be way better than it is. Winning the Summit every couple years is not success. If the football team was in the Patriot League and won the title every year, would people be like, "Shit, we're great!"
    yea now be prepared to get tarred and feathered like I do
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

yea now be prepared to get tarred and feathered like I do
    I don't think I'll lose any sleep over internet comments

But, I welcome everyone who disagreed with my comment to please give me facts about all the rural kids that have had a huge impact on the basketball team in the last 11 years.
    I suspect I'll hear crickets.