View Poll Results: Will Oregon buyout or No?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they are afraid...#SAD

14 19.72%
  • No , they will be MEN and play

57 80.28%
Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Oregon wimp out & buy out?

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Will Oregon wimp out & buy out?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    The death total in this country will soon pass 100,000 in under 3 months.
    We have a LOT of old, unhealthy people with multiple diagnoses. Many of them are confined in a germ incubator, read: old folks home (at least 33% of all deaths). If you need supplemental oxygen to survive when "healthy", you're in a lot of trouble with a serious upper respiratory tract infection. Have you seen those oxygen concentrator commercials showing granny out shopping for flowers? That's why we recommend those at risk get an influenza vaccine each fall. As my more liberal friends say, "we're getting soft."

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    We have a LOT of old, unhealthy people with multiple diagnoses. Many of them are confined in a germ incubator, read: old folks home (at least 33% of all deaths). If you need supplemental oxygen to survive when "healthy", you're in a lot of trouble with a serious upper respiratory tract infection. Have you seen those oxygen concentrator commercials showing granny out shopping for flowers? That's why we recommend those at risk get an influenza vaccine each fall. As my more liberal friends say, "we're getting soft."
    My father is 70 and recently had an ablation for a heart arhythmia. I think his life still matters, do you? I don't think he's soft either.

My father is 70 and recently had an ablation for a heart arhythmia. I think his life still matters, do you? I don't think he's soft either.
    Who says his life doesn't matter? We all have loved ones we encourage to do what they can to prevent contagion. If we had stopped where the science was (15 days to slow the spread), and gotten on with things we'd be on our way to herd immunity. Which is the only way forward regardless of a vaccine some months into the future, if at all. WE are soft refusing to accept this is how life has worked for millenia. Tell your dad you love him, believe me, you just never know.

My dads old too man. I hope he lives forever. He is a really good dude.

He served during Vietnam and got spit on coming back. He isn’t afraid to die though.

He is afraid of loosing freedom for his grandkids.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Who says his life doesn't matter? We all have loved ones we encourage to do what they can to prevent contagion. If we had stopped where the science was (15 days to slow the spread), and gotten on with things we'd be on our way to herd immunity. Which is the only way forward regardless of a vaccine some months into the future, if at all. WE are soft refusing to accept this is how life has worked for millenia. Tell your dad you love him, believe me, you just never know.
    When talking about the vulnerable in generalities like the funny grandmas in commercials it's easier to belittle their importance to society.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    My dads old too man. I hope he lives forever. He is a really good dude.

He served during Vietnam and got spit on coming back. He isn’t afraid to die though.

He is afraid of loosing freedom for his grandkids.
    I'm under no illusion that my father will live forever. I just hope his life isn't cut unnecessarily short by the ignorant actions of others, as I do your father.

When talking about the vulnerable in generalities like the funny grandmas in commercials it's easier to belittle their importance to society.
    There's nothing funny about the way we market to our seniors allowing them to think they can live "normal" lives with serious medical conditions. We have a very strange idea of life and death. I've seen no evidence of anyone belittling our elderly in this, although I'm sure it exists. In fact the opposite is true, we've shut down our society for their benefit, and there's been very little protesting. It's a contagious disease likely to never go away, we need to get used to that.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    What do you me by WE?? You mean that part of ND west of Bismarck that you constantly run down? You ain't got shit for oil!!
    family does. dufus

move it to US BANK. problem solved.

hell meet them halfways in Wyoming. haha
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Why are you worring about exposure unless you are 65+ and live in a nursing home?

Uh, I'm worried about exposure because my wife has successfully fought lung cancer for 3 years and I would like it to be 4+.

Note: She never smoked, but I moved her to a high radon state and she handled our pool chemicals for 15 years.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Uh, I'm worried about exposure because my wife has successfully fought lung cancer for 3 years and I would like it to be 4+.

Note: She never smoked, but I moved her to a high radon state and she handled our pool chemicals for 15 years.
    Good luck to you and her Cy. Congrats on the win so far. Scary times for this stuff. I’m taking my cancer survivor in for a screening endoscopy tomorrow morning. She had a Covid test today to be sure they will allow her in. Waiting at this time for that result...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.