Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Bohl effect fading?

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Is the Bohl effect fading?

One thing I'm curious about is if we don't eventually bring some of these defensive players back as position coaches/coordinators etc. It was a very intelligent unit and I get the drift that some of last years seniors majorly helped run that defense. They know how to play stifling defense, how to read offenses, how to game plan etc. What kind of coach would a Christian Dudzik make. I'd love to see Grant Olson back here some day.

Heagle was on the sidelines in Montana helping the team in some capacity

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Been better outcome if they threw him into a uniform and pads..

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is the Bohl effect fading?
    The way I see it is we have 1decent cornerback that wasn't a Klieman recruit and he wasn't playing. Champion is a good run support corner but was exposed. Tucker, DeLuca and Ambrosius should be sophomores. Since Ambrosius should really be a sophomore, where the hell are the junior and senior defensive ends?

Board - Sophomore
    A Smith - Junior
    CJ Smith SENIOR (out)
    Champion SENIOR (serviceable CB with good run support skills)
    DeLuca Junior (should be a sophomore)
    Tucker (Should be a sophomore)
    Stumpf (junior)
    Menard (Should be a R-Fr)
    Ambrosius (Should be a Sophomore)
    Tanguay sophomore
    Schaetz (Senior)

So, you have Schaetz, (CJ Smith) Champion, Stumpf and Andrew Smith from the class of 2011 and 2012 starting with Farnlof, Liekhus as your options for true upper classmen.

Bohl misses on defense for 2011 and 2012? Here they are. Lyle Norman DE, Joe Horvath DT, Josh Lisenby DT, Leighton Tallmadge DE, Chuks Amaechi DE, Brett Pierce DT, Dan Wood DE, Deshawn Dinwiddie LB, Nick scoliere LB, Alex LaVoy LB, Zach Roselle LB, Marcus Brantley S, Frank Veldman S, Darnell Miles FS,

The retention of recruits on defense for the 2011 and 2012. - SHITTY.

Juniors and Seniors should be the core of your defense. The truth is we don't have many left from the 2011 and 2012 BOHL recruiting classes to put out on the field. That sure as hell isn't Klieman's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    Is the Bohl effect fading?
    The way I see it is we have 1decent cornerback that wasn't a Klieman recruit and he wasn't playing. Champion is a good run support corner but was exposed. Tucker, DeLuca and Ambrosius should be sophomores. Since Ambrosius should really be a sophomore, where the hell are the junior and senior defensive ends?

Board - Sophomore
    A Smith - Junior
    CJ Smith SENIOR (out)
    Champion SENIOR (serviceable CB with good run support skills)
    DeLuca Junior (should be a sophomore)
    Tucker (Should be a sophomore)
    Stumpf (junior)
    Menard (Should be a R-Fr)
    Ambrosius (Should be a Sophomore)
    Tanguay sophomore
    Schaetz (Senior)

So, you have Schaetz, (CJ Smith) Champion, Stumpf and Andrew Smith from the class of 2011 and 2012 starting with Farnlof, Liekhus as your options for true upper classmen.

Bohl misses on defense for 2011 and 2012? Here they are. Lyle Norman DE, Joe Horvath DT, Josh Lisenby DT, Leighton Tallmadge DE, Chuks Amaechi DE, Brett Pierce DT, Dan Wood DE, Deshawn Dinwiddie LB, Nick scoliere LB, Alex LaVoy LB, Zach Roselle LB, Marcus Brantley S, Frank Veldman S, Darnell Miles FS,

The retention of recruits on defense for the 2011 and 2012. - SHITTY.

Juniors and Seniors should be the core of your defense. The truth is we don't have many left from the 2011 and 2012 BOHL recruiting classes to put out on the field. That sure as hell isn't Klieman's fault.
    Some eye popping info from the '11 and '12 classes. Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Some eye popping info from the '11 and '12 classes. Yikes!
    Yeah, so are we saying the D's on-field success was Klieman but the retention issues of players in those years were on Bohl? Got it.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Been better outcome if they threw him into a uniform and pads..
    All we needed him for was one play that's all.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Clawman View Post
    Would a Bohls' coached team have won last weekend?
    To be fair to the poster (because it's not a bad question) I will answer without a history lesson.

Yes Bohl's staff wins the game...because Klieman would be at DC and Vigen at OC. Vigen would have called the game a little differently which would have resulted in a win and Bohl would have made sure that clock was at 1 before every snap... Klieman completely in control of the D...well that's ball game boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    To be fair to the poster (because it's not a bad question) I will answer without a history lesson.

Yes Bohl's staff wins the game...because Klieman would be at DC and Vigen at OC. Vigen would have called the game a little differently which would have resulted in a win and Bohl would have made sure that clock was at 1 before every snap... Klieman completely in control of the D...well that's ball game boys.
    I still have no idea why Carson wasn't waiting until 1 second on the "shot clock." He is a 5th year senior...every second mattered!!!!!!
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I still have no idea why Carson wasn't waiting until 1 second on the "shot clock." He is a 5th year senior...every second mattered!!!!!!
    My guess would be that because of the noise, they were working on a timing routine instead of a hike call the center would look down, he would put his foot down, the center would take one last look up then the second time he looked back, Carson put a hand down with a go signal, probably, and then the center had a second or two to hike it.