Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: We Will not win another NC under Entz. Discuss

Default Re: We Will not win another NC under Entz. Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Because the SDSU D-line owns the line of scrimmage. That frees them up to make plays. You can have a smaller linebacker if your D-line is good but the smaller guys tend to get hurt more and struggle when the D-line struggles. Kazor was basically a safety playing linebacker but he missed a ton of time
    Yes, keeping the LB's clean so they can fly to the ball and make tackles is critical. NDSU really struggled to tackle today and frankly all season.

Dewey

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This game was a total shitshow in front of a national audience. We were dominated.

Not sure if Entz can fix it, but somebody needs to light a fire under some asses after this.

This is not on Entz. Entz is a good coach I think. He must have been forced to hire some staff that he did not approve of.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    This is not on Entz. Entz is a good coach I think. He must have been forced to hire some staff that he did not approve of.
    Is he? How much control did he have under Klieman? When he hasn't had an absolutely dominant player(Lance 19, Leupke 21), we have been bounced from the playoffs by being beat physically - SHSU, SDSU. Last time that happened, 2016 against JMU, we ripped off 3 more in a row. Everyone is a good coach when you have more talent than everyone else. How do we respond?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Is he? How much control did he have under Klieman? When he hasn't had an absolutely dominant player(Lance 19, Leupke 21), we have been bounced from the playoffs by being beat physically - SHSU, SDSU. Last time that happened, 2016 against JMU, we ripped off 3 more in a row. Everyone is a good coach when you have more talent than everyone else. How do we respond?
    Hopefully by committing 100% to a defense that stuffs the run.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonCardinal View Post
    Looking back to 2009 when we were weak on defense, Bohl fired Breske and brought in Hazelton. Just seems like Braun is unable to make game time adjustments.
    Is Braun actually running the D? Or is it Entz? Could explain some things with his overall coaching...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    WHAT??? forced to hire?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Day after rants are fun, but too full of emotion.

Entz is in his first stint as HC. He inherited the best football program in the nation, regardless of division. He didn't have a lot of adversity, so his growth curve is probably a little flat. Hoping he has the chops to grow and learn like most successful coaches and CEO's.

I've seen what most of you have, an erosion of discipline, the culture of hard-nosed, no bullshit football kind of slipping away after Klieman. That is coaching and very fixable. There is a reason that Klieman uses Ben Newman, to keep the culture in the right lane. Wish Entz would do the same, and maybe that will be one of the adjustments that he makes moving forward.

It is hard in the NIL, tiktok driven world when everyone wants the world to "look at me!!!" to keep kids from showing off and just putting their hand in the mud and their helmet on the guy across from them.

Entz is 49-7 and has been to 3 national championship games and won 2 of them. In any other place they's already have a place for his statue. Here he needs to be replaced immediately? Give me a break.

And all you guys that think TR needs to go, the offense is not the issue. The play calling is fine and this was a top 20 scoring offense this year. Cam executes well, but he is screwed by comparison after Walker and Jenson and Wentz and Stick and the other kid I can't think of that won every award as a freshman. Oh yeah, Lance. He is a very good QB.

I'm actually more worried about the defense. How many times did you see SDSU in space running without anyone within 10 yards? Somehow Stig has figured out how to get the safeties and LB way out of position. Happened in the second half of the regular season game too. Motion or something is confusing the D, add in the undersized line and away they go...

Expectations are high of course, but let's all take a minute to catch our breath and realize that the titanic isn't exactly sinking.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post
    Day after rants are fun, but too full of emotion.

Entz is in his first stint as HC. He inherited the best football program in the nation, regardless of division. He didn't have a lot of adversity, so his growth curve is probably a little flat. Hoping he has the chops to grow and learn like most successful coaches and CEO's.

I've seen what most of you have, an erosion of discipline, the culture of hard-nosed, no bullshit football kind of slipping away after Klieman. That is coaching and very fixable. There is a reason that Klieman uses Ben Newman, to keep the culture in the right lane. Wish Entz would do the same, and maybe that will be one of the adjustments that he makes moving forward.

It is hard in the NIL, tiktok driven world when everyone wants the world to "look at me!!!" to keep kids from showing off and just putting their hand in the mud and their helmet on the guy across from them.

Entz is 49-7 and has been to 3 national championship games and won 2 of them. In any other place they's already have a place for his statue. Here he needs to be replaced immediately? Give me a break.

And all you guys that think TR needs to go, the offense is not the issue. The play calling is fine and this was a top 20 scoring offense this year. Cam executes well, but he is screwed by comparison after Walker and Jenson and Wentz and Stick and the other kid I can't think of that won every award as a freshman. Oh yeah, Lance. He is a very good QB.

I'm actually more worried about the defense. How many times did you see SDSU in space running without anyone within 10 yards? Somehow Stig has figured out how to get the safeties and LB way out of position. Happened in the second half of the regular season game too. Motion or something is confusing the D, add in the undersized line and away they go...

Expectations are high of course, but let's all take a minute to catch our breath and realize that the titanic isn't exactly sinking.
    I agreed with most besides saying play calling was fine.

We had one completed pass against UIW. Our first drive was so predictable it was a meme in here. We need more balance, yesterday cam showed he can give us that balance but for some reason TR decides we’re going to run it 80% of the time and then we’re confused why we’re predictable? We need to be closer to 60-40 run to pass or even 50-50 like we used to be.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    WHAT??? forced to hire?
    There is zero chance ML or anyone else forced Entz to hire anyone.
    Guess we'll find out if Entz has what it takes to make the changes needed for next year.

We lost to SDSU in all 3 phases.