Page 77 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

One thing that will help his development is getting the kid in the game and playing other than running the ball on an obvious run position. If we are close to being up big, get him in there and throw the ball a bit against some D and get him up to speed. Get Cam out for sake of injury and lets get these young guys some meaningful reps.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I can remember Payton throwing two passes. One was to the other team in AZ. The other was at a bug under the intended WR feet. (Which he did hit by the way) See what year 3 does for him but I expect Cam to be the man till he's gone from graduation. He's got a 66% passing percentage. Lead the team in rushing TDs. Those are good numbers for a QB and he still has time to get better. Consistency is his downfall right now and he'll have to improve on that.
    I dont want to argue with you----but Bison play calling hides his weaknesses---

Cole hasn't had any shot in a game thats on coaches---(HC doesn't want a controversy) and remember our HC THOUGHT Zeb Noland was better than Trey Lance until last week of FALL CAMP too

Doesn't matter who the QB is with the plays we saw called yesterday. Outside of one drive (which felt scripted) no one is going to be successful in that shitshow.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No argument here. I think the Bison play calling is a weakness in itself. Cam isn't Easton and definitely isn't Trey but he has the tools to get better. At the moment he's the best option and a good one at that. I hope Payton comes out swinging this spring and summer to push his way in.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Doesn't matter who the QB is with the plays we saw called yesterday. Outside of one drive (which felt scripted) no one is going to be successful in that shitshow.
    That 7 min drive in the 3rd/4th quarters was a thing of beauty. Where was that all game?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    That 7 min drive in the 3rd/4th quarters was a thing of beauty. Where was that all game?
    I don't even remember that drive bro I was probably already drunk. Or raging that it took 7 minutes when we were down by 30. Or both.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    No argument here. I think the Bison play calling is a weakness in itself. Cam isn't Easton and definitely isn't Trey but he has the tools to get better. At the moment he's the best option and a good one at that. I hope Payton comes out swinging this spring and summer to push his way in.
    And, at same time I hope a big explosive WR forces his way into major snaps....Carson Hegerle, maybe others

Quote Originally Posted by sbark View Post
    And, at same time I hope a big explosive WR forces his way into major snaps....Carson Hegerle, maybe others
    If our WR corps is so thin, they couldn't play this year in the playoffs? Are we actually going to be able to keep them with this shitty offense?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I don't even remember that drive bro I was probably already drunk. Or raging that it took 7 minutes when we were down by 30. Or both.
    So a team loses two games during the season that were winnable, then a third with a remote chance and there isn't a hurry up no huddle offense. WTF!!!

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    I agree with everything you said....but id switch "Payton probably runs better too-----to Payton is MUCH BETTER runner too
    Did you dingbats not see Cam carving up defenses on the ground?
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.