Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 12-30-18 vs Fort Wayne 4:00

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 12-30-18 vs Fort Wayne 4:00

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    The NDSU job is a big job. There are only like 300 in the country. We offer FCOA, have a brand new facility, a passionate fanbase, we pay well, this is a top 150 job in my opinion. Maybe top 100. If this job were to open up, you do it during the off season, with no rush on a time table, and you sit back and watch the resume's roll in. You would get a ton of high major guys looking to get their first head job. It is so competitive and difficult to get. Plus, this team has a lot of young talent. A good roster to take over if things don't turn around. Yesterday sucked.
    Que?? Or WTF in Norwegian...While we have an upgraded arena, we aren't even in the top half of the Summit and regionally are in the bottom as well. Out of all the DI schools in Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, and Oklahoma, we are right at the bottom of the heap. It could be argued that the SHAC is better then the Betty but after sitting through games at both venues at least I had comfortable seats in El Forko. I can't comment on player amenities and basketball specific practice facilities but I would guess that we are ahead of Omaha and Oral Roberts but that's about it.

As for the roster there is talent but not the kind of talent that would excite an incoming coach. He will have to find some fresh faces to get us back to having enough talent to win in Sioux Falls when it counts. In MVFC terms, we aren't an Indiana State type program, more like a South Dakota type program.

We are a football school which means basketball is secondary here. The flip side is that we are a basketball state and fans would pack the SHAC for a winner so maybe there is hope there. Having 2 of the last 3 coaches move onto better gigs helps. We just need to go outside of the Bison famy tree for a fresh reset. I love basketball and believe that successful program along with someday building a top tier mid major arena will be the determining factor in a conference upgrade.

I don't doubt or question your love of NDSU or knowledge of the inside workings. But sometime's even sunshine pumpers have to pump the brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Que?? Or WTF in Norwegian...While we have an upgraded arena, we aren't even in the top half of the Summit and regionally are in the bottom as well. Out of all the DI schools in Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, and Oklahoma, we are right at the bottom of the heap. It could be argued that the SHAC is better then the Betty but after sitting through games at both venues at least I had comfortable seats in El Forko. I can't comment on player amenities and basketball specific practice facilities but I would guess that we are ahead of Omaha and Oral Roberts but that's about it.

As for the roster there is talent but not the kind of talent that would excite an incoming coach. He will have to find some fresh faces to get us back to having enough talent to win in Sioux Falls when it counts. In MVFC terms, we aren't an Indiana State type program, more like a South Dakota type program.

We are a football school which means basketball is secondary here. The flip side is that we are a basketball state and fans would pack the SHAC for a winner so maybe there is hope there. Having 2 of the last 3 coaches move onto better gigs helps. We just need to go outside of the Bison famy tree for a fresh reset. I love basketball and believe that successful program along with someday building a top tier mid major arena will be the determining factor in a conference upgrade.

I don't doubt or question your love of NDSU or knowledge of the inside workings. But sometime's even sunshine pumpers have to pump the brakes.
    We disagree. Ndsu hoops is a great job that would/will attract great applicants.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    We disagree. Ndsu hoops is a great job that would/will attract great applicants.
    So it's a done deal? DR wont get an extension?
    Just curious, does he just not get it or is he stubborn?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    So it's a fine deal? DR wont get an extension?
    Just curious, does he just not get it or is he stubborn?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    You are assuming someone has talked to him or he has self awareness
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Couple names for the sake of conversation:

Rob Jeter: Currently an assistant at Minnesota, previously HC at UW Milwaukee for 11 years (with a stop at UNLV in between). Knows the midwest well, great recruiter and has proven he can win as a HC. Had interest in the USD opening.

Ryan Miller: Currently an assistant at TCU and has been assistant all over place (UCLA, UNLV, Memphis, Auburn). From SD and wants an opportunity to the guy. Ryan's strengths are recruiting and he would definitely bring a different caliber athlete to the Summit League. Also had interest in the USD job.

Joe Krabbenhoft: Currently an assistant at Wisconsin. From SD, knows the Midwest (previously at SDSU) and has an important tie to a certain healthcare system that would support him and the program.
    Thank you for the names. All seem to have tie to the area and possible reason to take this job if it was to open up.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Lmao ndsu is not a great job by any means. Alor of delusional posts here. It isnt a terrible job by any means, bit its hardly a great job.

Great jobs have a checklist of items that are better than a good majority of other schools out there. What is ndsuchecklist? Football school? Lmao

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

PFW beats the Jacks 104-88. Crazy!
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    PFW beats the Jacks 104-88. Crazy!
    Summit wide open baby
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Summit wide open baby
    A little early to say that seeing it is January. There is a lot of time for people to get their house in order. With that said, we should have this program in a position to take advantage of a "wide open" league every year it happens.

Sadly, I don't think we are close to being able to do that this year.

This program should be top 3 every year. And not a top three team getting swept by the top two teams with no chance. Top three being competitive with the other two. We aren't there though and it looks like a long climb back.

Always hard to win on the road in this league, not shocked to see SDSU go down.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.