Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Default Re: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Rewatched the game again last night. I don't know why but Tyler went ultra conservative in the second half. The first half was pretty good play calling just poor execution. Didn't see hardly any of those same calls in the second half. Just about 75% of the second half was a run between the A or B gaps for 2-4 yards. I don't know if TR got stubborn there or if it was a cognizant decision since ISU wasn't doing much offensively but really wierd play calling when they got it within 6 points IMO. Gotta be more diverse to keep defenses on their toes.
    I dont look at it as trying to keep them on their toes in as much as finding something that works. Then beat them to death with it until they stop it. Dont know why we find things that work then stop using it but damn when its not working we will run it to the death of us.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofFargo View Post
    Are you on the NDSU coaching staff? Because unless you are then your “30” years doesn’t mean shit to me or THEM.
    30 years of coaching is a different hat to wear and a different perspective. I have a tendency to listen to people like that until they prove otherwise.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    True. However, that was the result of their defense reestablishing the LOS a couple yards deep in our backfield. For our RB to have patience, it has to be at, or across the original LOS.

The play design does not account for the D End away from the play or a corner coming from that side.

It’s been said here and I have no doubt you might have even said it that one way to stop them from crashing is to keep them honest with misdirection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Correct. But then you make that adjustment. When Tre went under center they brought two up to the corner and rushed. When we went to the shot gun they backed off. The eyes in the sky should have picked up on that and used it to our advantage. Again they had us schemed very well. Plus we have to give their players credit.
    They gave no quarter and played one hell of a game.

One more point----the redbirds were #1 in preventing red zone scoring in all of thre FCS.

Quote Originally Posted by awBison View Post
    Not sure why there is so much complaining here. NDSU fought hard all game and put forth tons of effort. This is a young team. Things dont happen overnight, and ISU is a really good team that was playing with everthing they had. NDSU played with very few mistakes and it won them the game. Give them some credit. They deserve a lot!
    With that said, I hope to see the short cross route passes open up in future games. I think if the short pass game gets developed better the run game will open up more. With a defense like ISU I think some run fakes and short passes could have shredded that full commit defense. I dont think I've seen a much better defensive performance out of an fcs team then what our guys provided. 35 game win streak, 14-0 season, and so many complaints.
    They were selling out on the run and stacking the box. Play action and or motion, quick hitting passes. Kill them with it till they start playing honest. We do have TEs that can catch the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I am guessing a relative of one of the players. You know "What's My Line" and if you get that reference it will date you.
    I enjoyed the BWW comments. It was like he was there. He then went off the rails with the psyco babble and lost me.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Really, you think that that performance on Saturday was the best they could have done? You think that was the best game plan they could have come up with? Apparently, you don't want to see this coaching staff. 35 wins in a row is incredible, but that don't mean shit on game day. What matters is how you coach THAT day, and on that day, the coaches on offense did not do a very good job. And if you say otherwise you are a blind ass homer.

And this team winning or losing doesn't have any effect on how I feel so go fuck yourself. I have been coaching for 30 years of my life at the high school and college level so when I see bad coaching I call it out. I don't give a shit if it is the team I root for or not.
    I dont know if I would put the blame on a terrible game plan as it was the same game plan that hung 37 on them earlier this year. What was terrible was the lack of
    adjustments which we have been know for in the past. A lot of questions their.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Is it just me or does it seem like the wr are breaking their routes off early in anticipation of being under thrown? And if so wouldn't that probably mean they get consistantly under thrown? Watching the team warm up last Saturday I noticed the number 2 qb throwing a beautiful tight spiral deep ball. Trey puts a little zip on a couple passes and the receivers keep running that's a completely different football game.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    They were selling out on the run and stacking the box. Play action and or motion, quick hitting passes. Kill them with it till they start playing honest. We do have TEs that can catch the ball.
    O-line has to be better. The mad Stacher did the same thing on that last drive of the 14 natty when Wentz and Legendowski took them down the field.... blitz after blitz after blitz. The O-line and backs just weren't picking it up very well last Saturday.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

The flu never stopped Brock Jensen or Michael Jordan.

Lardsin must go!

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is a heavy 'freshman' team. In all likelihood, most of them have never played this many games in season. Could be the offensive is wearing down after a long season.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!