Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Jax St band to take section 120 ?

Default Re: Jax St band to take section 120 ?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Saxy come back. We need your drums to pump it up around here.

Let's discuss flag girls...what does Jax St bring to the table?
    Certainly, I'm not very Saxy but I just wanted to weigh in on JSU's decision to bring the band to Frisco. There is no other group of 400+ people / fans who can have as big an impact on the atmosphere as the Marching Southerners. They are vocal and loud when cheering as a unit. Their familiar music and drum cadence will help the Gamecocks on the field feel more at home, even in this new environment. NDSU fans will likely outnumber JSU fans by a huge factor. Maybe 5 in that hideous lemon yellow to every 1 in red. So, the band from JSU will be much appreciated by all Gamecock fans.

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So do the Bison fans get to bring in horns, drums and other artificial noise makers into the stadium? I mean, that would only be fair right to balance out the advantage of JSU's humongous band. Otherwise it would seem to be a loop hole JSU'S is exploiting to pump up their crowd noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    So do the Bison fans get to bring in horns, drums and other artificial noise makers into the stadium? I mean, that would only be fair right to balance out the advantage of JSU's humongous band. Otherwise it would seem to be a loop hole JSU'S is exploiting to pump up their crowd noise.
    Who cares? The NCAA has rules about when bands can play.

Bands, or any component thereof, are allowed to play during timeouts (except when designated NCAA promotions are occurring), halftime, and before and after the competition. Bands are not allowed to play during the game, once
    the ball is spotted and the umpire backs away from the ball.
    It doesn't matter how big and special they are, they won't be able to play any more than any of the other not big and special bands.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    I'm looking forward to their band trying to drown out our crowd noise when the Cocks are on offense.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    Certainly, I'm not very Saxy but I just wanted to weigh in on JSU's decision to bring the band to Frisco. There is no other group of 400+ people / fans who can have as big an impact on the atmosphere as the Marching Southerners. They are vocal and loud when cheering as a unit. Their familiar music and drum cadence will help the Gamecocks on the field feel more at home, even in this new environment. NDSU fans will likely outnumber JSU fans by a huge factor. Maybe 5 in that hideous lemon yellow to every 1 in red. So, the band from JSU will be much appreciated by all Gamecock fans.
    In all honesty... You dont have enough fans that will travel to Frisco, so you are bringing what you can. Janitors coming as well?

"Bands are not allowed to play during the game, once the ball is spotted and the umpire backs away from the ball."

This will get tested...guaranteed. GSU brought their band to the dome during both semi-final games and I know they played well beyond the spotting of the ball. We may have to practice our "lean in" while huddling.
    "The desire to win is useless without the desire to prepare."

"I've coached in a lot of great venues during my career, but there is no place louder than the Fargodome. There is no verbal communication whatsoever when you are down on that field. It's unbelievable. It's the best atmosphere in college football - at any level." - Jeff Monken

Quote Originally Posted by FFBison View Post
    "Bands are not allowed to play during the game, once the ball is spotted and the umpire backs away from the ball."

This will get tested...guaranteed. GSU brought their band to the dome during both semi-final games and I know they played well beyond the spotting of the ball. We may have to practice our "lean in" while huddling.
    Maybe we should have coach Farley on the sideline to help with listening for the band , after all he can here a whistle.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I see us getting a free 15 at least once. JSU is too stupid to read the rules.

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Who cares? The NCAA has rules about when bands can play.

It doesn't matter how big and special they are, they won't be able to play any more than any of the other not big and special bands.

Doesn't it seem strange that the NCAA allows a school to purchase extra tickets, allow artificial noise-makers for these ticket holders but the rest of us are out of luck. The NCAA will dictate things like- what highlights are shown, music that is played on certain downs and for what team, team entrances, etc. but if your in the band, well, there are no rules! This has the makings of a conspiracy against the Bison!

I have sat next to many bands at away games.
    They always seem to be in their own world. The posts here recently have me suspecting that they care little about the actual game and more for their performance (which will be the 6 minutes I use for my bathroom break).
    And yes I support the GSMB, my daughter was a member. But I dont see any of them on other boards screaming about how important they are.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans