Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thought this was awesome

Default Re: Thought this was awesome

I love seeing things like this, knowing all the haters say we have no national presence.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    I love seeing things like this, knowing all the haters say we have no national presence.
    Yeah, lots of pub on Dan Patrick, CBS sports, ESPN but it's not anything big, personally FCS is more relevant now than ever before because of NDSU

You think there would be kickoff games etc...I dont
    Last edited by tjbison; 01-12-2016 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Spell check got me
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He has a nice dig at Shannon Sharpe posted too!

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Yeah, lots of pub on Dan Patrick, CBS sports, ESPN but it's not anything big, personally FCS is more relevant now than ever before because of NDSU

You think there would be kickoff games etc...I dont
    I don't know that the FCS is more relevant, but NDSU clearly is. The Bison have absolutely transcended this division of football, and the pub we are seeing is the result of that.

My long term belief is that the Bison win the next few, then get a bid that nobody dreamed was possible. I hope Kleiman sticks around for that, cuz I think the payoffs could be huge for all involved. Never thought I'd say this, but IMO losing Bohl was a good thing. I don't think we would be that lucky a 2nd time.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    I don't know that the FCS is more relevant, but NDSU clearly is. The Bison have absolutely transcended this division of football, and the pub we are seeing is the result of that.

My long term belief is that the Bison win the next few, then get a bid that nobody dreamed was possible. I hope Kleiman sticks around for that, cuz I think the payoffs could be huge for all involved. Never thought I'd say this, but IMO losing Bohl was a good thing. I don't think we would be that lucky a 2nd time.
    ESPN putting a regular game on....coming to FCS schools now...I think it's elevated more than it was 10 yes ago
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I think we will. When CK leaves, and someday he will, there won't be much of a search process. Either a new coach will come from within the program, come back to the program after coordinating somewhere else, or we get a rising star looking to continue building his resume. We are a stepping stone program and that is fine as long as we use it to our advantage. I could see a great defensive coach wanting to gain executive coaching experience coming here. We aren't relegated to taking much of a chance on anyone.

I think it is pretty obvious who is the defensive genius and he doesn't reside in WY.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I think it is pretty obvious who is the defensive genius and he doesn't reside in WY.

Thing is, Klieman has a huge advantage recruiting compared to when Bohl was building up the program. I'm not sure who the better coach is. Prior to this year I would have said Bohl but now I'm not so sure. But I will say they were both the right man at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Thing is, Klieman has a huge advantage recruiting compared to when Bohl was building up the program. I'm not sure who the better coach is. Prior to this year I would have said Bohl but now I'm not so sure. But I will say they were both the right man at the right time.
    In year 2 Bohls defense at WY was worse than year 1

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt