Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU v UNI - Homecoming Rivalry Week!

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU v UNI - Homecoming Rivalry Week!

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    you know whats Funny, last night on ESPN they were bragging up App St and their "upset" over North Carolina this year. adn a fun fact came out I didnt know. Appy beating UNC was their first P5 win since Michigan in 2007....lol
    Fixed your post.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Haha good listen and the host says what we've been saying for years.

His cohost is a dork with the cliche "go to camp randall, kinnick then host ohio state and see how you do" line.

Ok ndsu would challenge Wisconsin and iowa and probably get blown out by ohio st like most teams barely do outside of the top 25.

I guess he doesnt consider teams having 100,000,000 more dollars in their athletic budget too.
    The truth to that statement though is it would be a very different story if the current NDSU team had to play that schedule each season. They've been good and had great results against good P5 teams, but some of those wins were over teams at the right time. Iowa and Kansas State were definitely the most impressive but both of those could have easily gone the other way with winning scores in the last minute.

That doesn't diminish at all what the Bison have accomplished which is incredible. It's amazing to be on this kind of roll at any level. Mount Union is the only other one I would say is remotely comparable. I would love to see what they would do in the D2 tournament, and I"m sure they could beat some FCS playoff teams.

I hope fans truly appreciate what this program has accomplished. They are making it look easy, but it's far from easy.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    The truth to that statement though is it would be a very different story if the current NDSU team had to play that schedule each season. They've been good and had great results against good P5 teams, but some of those wins were over teams at the right time. Iowa and Kansas State were definitely the most impressive but both of those could have easily gone the other way with winning scores in the last minute.

That doesn't diminish at all what the Bison have accomplished which is incredible. It's amazing to be on this kind of roll at any level. Mount Union is the only other one I would say is remotely comparable. I would love to see what they would do in the D2 tournament, and I"m sure they could beat some FCS playoff teams.

I hope fans truly appreciate what this program has accomplished. They are making it look easy, but it's far from easy.
    I've wondered how that Iowa game may have turned out differently had Klieman decided to kick the XP to tie the game at 21 or had they got the 2 point conversion to go up 22-21. Iowa was their own worst enemy with poor execution and timid play-calling on that last offensive series they had. Had they been in a tie game or even been trailing would playing with more urgency have sparked them? We'll never know but it's funny how that decision to go for 2 and failing to convert it worked out in the end.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Well was going to leave last night but then got a call that the corn chopper was on his way. Now I get to say I chopped corn in a blizzard. Actually froze enough to make the equipment carry better. Going to be a wet mess if it warms up again now. Guessing im going to miss this one too now.

Lardsin must go!

The boys can handle it. Im putting on my bison starter jacket and trying to make Fargo before dark. I won't post and drive.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I've wondered how that Iowa game may have turned out differently had Klieman decided to kick the XP to tie the game at 21 or had they got the 2 point conversion to go up 22-21. Iowa was their own worst enemy with poor execution and timid play-calling on that last offensive series they had. Had they been in a tie game or even been trailing would playing with more urgency have sparked them? We'll never know but it's funny how that decision to go for 2 and failing to convert it worked out in the end.
    Yep, wasn't too disappointed when they failed to convert. Thought our best chance was Iowa just trying to run out the clock on the last drive, and give us time for 1 last drive. Was hoping Bison were going to get closer to end zone for an easier FGA, but it worked out.

Wait, what thread is this again?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I don't believe NDSU wins that game if they get the two-point conversion. This is something I said after the game and still believe it.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    The boys can handle it. Im putting on my bison starter jacket and trying to make Fargo before dark. I won't post and drive.
    Your dad isn't coming to the game is he? If so, we might have to let Vegas know.....
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Your dad isn't coming to the game is he? If so, we might have to let Vegas know.....
    Nope. He's watching dogs and cows. He did break the curse last fall.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Nope. He's watching dogs and cows. He did break the curse last fall.
    Hail the BISON!!!