Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Quincy Patterson vs Easton Stick (2016)

Default Re: Quincy Patterson vs Easton Stick (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    He will. We saw some of it in the otherwise fucked up Spring season. People just have to remember some of his very athletic/instinctive runs.
    As long as he figured out how to run in a relatively straight line. In the spring He really was running around like s chicken with head cut off (btw....does that count as one of those old timer sayings)

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Our O will be significantly better with Cam at QB. He knows what he is doing, understands the schemes and throws true, catchable balls.
    Get ready for qb by committee

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    As long as he figured out how to run in a relatively straight line. In the spring He really was running around like s chicken with head cut off (btw....does that count as one of those old timer sayings)
    Ha! Yes on old-time sayings (I was a witnesss to hundreds of those growing up on the farm).

That said, there were so many wrong things that happened in the Spring that we just have to flush it.

Almosy every championship run has an in-season, defining moment. Ours was yesterday.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Get ready for qb by committee
    I really doubt that.

But I bet u see them both on the feild at the same time. Delta

I really doubt that.

But I bet u see them both on the feild at the same time. Delta
    QP can be a huge weapon for us in certain situations, namely, redzone and or must-get 3rd and short. No one can deny his ability to run A-C gap power at QB position. If we need 1st down or TD and D is loading box, why not bring him in to run and use RB as extra blocker? Very difficult to defend.

If we meet up with Sam Houston again, the above would be a very solid option for us given speed of their OLBs.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

QP can be a huge weapon for us in certain situations, namely, redzone and or must-get 3rd and short. No one can deny his ability to run A-C gap power at QB position. If we need 1st down or TD and D is loading box, why not bring him in to run and use RB as extra blocker? Very difficult to defend.

If we meet up with Sam Houston again, the above would be a very solid option for us given speed of their OLBs.
    I dont disagree with this, but I dont think you see them splitting series. as u suggest it will be situational and like said to give the D something extra to think about.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Cam lacks arm strength and is average at best as a run threat.

Quincy lacks pocket awareness and anticipation and has trouble finding receivers after his first read and lacks mid and short range accuracy.
    Cams arm is plenty good to play QB in college. Remember Steve Walker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Cams arm is plenty good to play QB in college. Remember Steve Walker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, don't get where all the weak arm talk comes from. He threw some balls in the spring with a lot of zip on them.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Cam made a lot of sideline throws that checked all the boxes last spring.

It was so nice to see a bootleg pass after the change was made last weekend as well. That'll open up a lot, especially to the TE's.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

I dont disagree with this, but I dont think you see them splitting series. as u suggest it will be situational and like said to give the D something extra to think about.
    Agreed—do not slipt series. Run out O as it should be, but keep QP as an alternative option in certain/defined situations. Heck, similar to how we have been using him as starter. Plus, he does have at least the threat of throwing if we need that in the situation.

We may come out if this QB switch better on O than we were before if TR/Entz play it out correctly.
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO