Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: ORU Game

Default Re: ORU Game

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I would say we have about a 70% chance of playing Denver.

IUPUI needs to lose and Denver win to get the 6 seed. That said we played them into OT twice, once without Kory....probably be a similar game.
    92% we play Denver to open the tournament.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    if we face ORU again we better be prepared for their defensive game plan. LA was non existent. Had a chance to put all the pressure on SDSU. Pathetic showing.
    77% they'll be in our half of the draw.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

The team last night looked like a very young team. Really lacked the inside presence when they doubled the outside. How many dang little 3-5 footers did we miss and go 25% from 3, that isn't going to cut it against anyone. Overall though if you would have told me at the beginning of the year this young of a team is going to go 20-9 during the regular season and in conference play win all home games and split on the road. I would have said hell ya I will take it. Very good regular season after losing 6 seniors in which 4 were major contributors and throw a first year head coach on top of it. The naysayers can bitch and moan but the people that actually know and follow basketball respect what this team accomplished this year.

Games like this happen throughout the course of a 30+ game season. The fact that it happened in the last game going into the conference tournament could be good or bad depending on how the team responds. I'd love to see ORU get the #3 seed and a potential semifinal rematch with NDSU if both teams win their opener. I still think NDSU matches up very well with ORU. In Brookings last Saturday Omegano and Word combined to go 2/7 for 5 points. Last night they went 19/29 for 54 including 9/12 from 3 which is more 3s than both had made combined during the entire month of February up to this point. Shooting percentages for the Bison were the worst they had been since mid-December against Akron against an ORU team that is ranked in the 200s in defensive efficiency nationally. I think if they rematch in Sioux Falls that ORU will really struggle to score and the Bison will have a big advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Games like this happen throughout the course of a 30+ game season. The fact that it happened in the last game going into the conference tournament could be good or bad depending on how the team responds. I'd love to see ORU get the #3 seed and a potential semifinal rematch with NDSU if both teams win their opener. I still think NDSU matches up very well with ORU. In Brookings last Saturday Omegano and Word combined to go 2/7 for 5 points. Last night they went 19/29 for 54 including 9/12 from 3 which is more 3s than both had made combined during the entire month of February up to this point. Shooting percentages for the Bison were the worst they had been since mid-December against Akron against an ORU team that is ranked in the 200s in defensive efficiency nationally. I think if they rematch in Sioux Falls that ORU will really struggle to score and the Bison will have a big advantage.
    I agree it was a perfect storm so to speak. Hopefully the boys got that out of there system and rebound come tourney time. I guess we will really see what this team is made of come next weekend.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Was at game and was even alarmed at the shooting during warm ups. They were missing10 shots in a row and looked bad. By the way, I doubt there were 500 people at the game but paper reported attendance of 3,908. Oral Bob shouldnt lie about that.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    Was at game and was even alarmed at the shooting during warm ups. They were missing10 shots in a row and looked bad. By the way, I doubt there were 500 people at the game but paper reported attendance of 3,908. Oral Bob shouldnt lie about that.
    The obvious answer to the numbers discrepancy is that the same people who did the count were the people from UN_ who faked their enrollment figures.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    The obvious answer to the numbers discrepancy is that the same people who did the count were the people from UN_ who faked their enrollment figures.

Online attendance ???

(you're welcome Tatanka)

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    The team last night looked like a very young team. Really lacked the inside presence when they doubled the outside. How many dang little 3-5 footers did we miss and go 25% from 3, that isn't going to cut it against anyone. Overall though if you would have told me at the beginning of the year this young of a team is going to go 20-9 during the regular season and in conference play win all home games and split on the road. I would have said hell ya I will take it. Very good regular season after losing 6 seniors in which 4 were major contributors and throw a first year head coach on top of it. The naysayers can bitch and moan but the people that actually know and follow basketball respect what this team accomplished this year.

Amen to that, they hustled their butts off, which I believe they will do in the tournament, but they will need more consistency from the field.

Agree. I spoke to a big shot Team Maker before the IPFW game. We both agreed the team results were a pleasant surprise and expectations should always be high. All we ask is the kids do well in school, work hard, play like a team and WIN! What more can you ask from this team? Saul screwed the pooch on recruiting big men the last couple years.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt