Page 224 of 390 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

I enjoyed the first 150 pages of this thread, but I give up.

I have an actual job and don't have enough time to read 50+ pages a day in a single thread. Good luck to the rest of you!
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Ok this guy is a freakin MORON. Wisconsin and Packer Fan? Tar and Feather him

and yes, bisonville might get crushed in the 11pm-1am time frame as those oregonians are pounding us at 9pm-11pm

we might have to drunk post more
    What's wrong with Wisconsin/Packer fans?

Do we have a beef with the state of Wisconsin?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    I enjoyed the first 150 pages of this thread, but I give up.

I have an actual job and don't have enough time to read 50+ pages a day in a single thread. Good luck to the rest of you!
    Lmao I clicked on the thread and I saw there had been like 300 posts since i last checked and was like oh fuck this is absurd.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post

Nothing. Many of my friends/coworkers come from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Any argument against NDSU being able to play a full FBS schedule and win week in and week out is silly since an NDSU team that had the schedule would also have 23 more scholarships.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Would NDSU be able to massively out recruit their competition as they do now though? I have to imagine the winning tradition and high likelihood of playing for and winning a title is a pretty easy sell for fringe FCS/FBS players. But if NDSU wound up in a group of 5 conference or even power 5 conference that advantage would be completely lost. The way the system currently works basically predicts the same 5 ish teams will be competing for the CFP on an annual basis with an occasional outlier mixed in. I have a pretty hard time believing they would remain even close to the status quo especially given the recruiting disadvantage being in Fargo would present in that scenario.

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    This thread is growing so fast it's hard to reply in a timely matter, but I just wanted to reply to this.

I completely agree with the sentiment that Oregon isn't just any FBS team. Just know, that we feel equally as strongly that NDSU isn't just any FCS team.
    I don't think any Oregon fan would disagree with that sentiment. NDSU has very clearly been and continues tier 1 in FCS football with the gap to tier 2 being pretty wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I’m calling B.S. dude. You’re stretching when you bring up reasons why Herbert was an issue that the NFL execs and experts don’t. Yes, he had a bad day (or few). So did Carson during his time at NDSU, but when he graduated, us fans weren’t claiming the team will be better the next season without him, despite the guy who replaced him is also in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can call B.S. all you want, but he has been critical of Herbert for a very long time, and there is lots of written critique to support that, not to mention tons of archived live stream post-game video breakdowns. I assure you he didn't form this opinion just for this thread.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Already stated on other threads but it is of my opinion that if NDSU were to be FBS than the recruiting would improve. If it were to be P5 then that would entice kids more than the possibility of being an FCS champion. NDSU has already laid out the ground work for tradition and culture for kids to still understand that NDSU is the place to be regardless of classification. Some kids want different things.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post

Packer fans can be mildly annoying if you happen to live in Minneapolis.

OTOH they do really make some very good cheese in Wisky. It's for real. Those Ellsworth Cooperative Creamery curds? Oh yeah baby. https://www.ellsworthcheese.com

And football players. They make some good ones of those too.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDweller View Post
    You can call B.S. all you want, but he has been critical of Herbert for a very long time, and there is lots of written critique to support that, not to mention tons of archived live stream post-game video breakdowns. I assure you he didn't form this opinion just for this thread.
    The whole fanbase has been critical. That being said, it was part Arroyo and part lack of skill players during his tenure.