Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: FINAL Bracketology

Default Re: FINAL Bracketology

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    JMU's offense took a big step back graduating Schor, there's usually a reason these FBS guys transfer out. If Dinuddi couldn't handle UNH or Elon I don't think he'll fare well against Butler, Tuszka, Menard, Waege, Jones...good lord we are really stacked at DE. Webster's new edition should have a picture of the Bison D line under it's definition of relentless.
    Or “OMG”...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I just think they’re not very good at this job. We’ve been bracket of deathbed before sure, but last year JMU as the #1 got a stupid hard draw and we had the easy route. I think they simply don’t get it.
    Yes, it would mean they actually understand which are the best teams

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Please for the love of God don't tell me they opened 10, 11, and 12 already?? I don't believe they have ever done that in the past.
    Yes they opened those sections up. Section 10 you could purchase row A and up. Same with Section 12. Section 11 had tickets available above the band.
    They are not waiting (until next week) to see how many tickets the students will purchase.
    I agree with you. I think they are selling those sections much earlier than ever before.
    (They go onsale again the 21st.)

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    This JMU team is not what it was the last 2 years. They don’t have a quarterback, and that defense is a shadow of its ‘16 and ‘17 teams.

JMU will likely win, but don’t pretend that you’re the (almost) world beater you were in recent history.
    You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I'll leave it at that.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I'll leave it at that.
    8-3. Your dominance of the CAA is over. Your 2 year experience as a top 2 FCS team is over. You caught lightning in a bottle, but now you have returned to what you were. A pretty solid team, that will win a lot of games and regularly make the playoffs.

But hey, you combined with us to win the last 7 Natties.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    JMU's offense took a big step back graduating Schor, there's usually a reason these FBS guys transfer out. If Dinuddi couldn't handle UNH or Elon I don't think he'll fare well against Butler, Tuszka, Menard, Waege, Jones...good lord we are really stacked at DE. Webster's new edition should have a picture of the Bison D line under it's definition of relentless.
    OK, I'll go ahead and give you a little intel on DiNucci. He was Pitt's starter. He came to town and told Houston he wanted to play for JMU. Houston told him that he already had two good quarterbacks and he didn't want to spend another scholly on a qb. DiNucci said he would walk on and take his chances winning the starting job. How could Houston say no? So, from starting qb at a BCS (ACC) school he walks on at JMU because he loves the school and the program that much. The rest is history. DiNucci was offered a scholly by at least one other FCS school and I'm sure he could have gone to any FCS school he wanted. He was determined to play at JMU. He was one of three 100-yard rushers against #15 Towson Saturday, who we beat by 21 points, and it would have been 28 (or more) but we gave them a garbage TD late in the fourth. He was also 68% passing on the day, nearly 600 yards total offense. It would have been over 600 but we were taking knees with over a minute to go to end the game.

Also, I read a comment that our defense isn't much this year. We held the most prolific offense in the conference to 10 points (until we gave them a garbage TD late in the fourth). Their previous low for the season was 20 points at Wake Forest.

So, yeah, keep telling yourselves that DiNucci sucks and JMU sucks and we are not nearly as good as the past two years, yada, yada. Yeah, keep convincing yourselves of that. That's exactly what we want.
    Last edited by bulldogg; 11-20-2018 at 03:55 AM.

OK, I'll go ahead and give you a little intel on DiNucci. He was Pitt's starter. He came to town and told Houston he wanted to play for JMU. Houston told him that he already had two good quarterbacks and he didn't want to spend another scholly on a qb. DiNucci said he would walk on and take his chances winning the starting job. How could Houston say no? So, from starting qb at a BCS (ACC) school he walks on at JMU because he loves the school and the program that much. The rest is history. DiNucci was offered a scholly by at least one other FCS school and I'm sure he could have gone to any FCS school he wanted. He was determined to play at JMU. He was one of three 100-yard rushers against #15 Towson Saturday, who we beat by 21 points, and it would have been 28 (or more) but we gave them a garbage TD late in the fourth. He was also 68% passing on the day, nearly 600 yards total offense. It would have been over 600 but we were taking knees with over a minute to go to end the game.

So, yeah, keep telling yourselves that DiNucci sucks and JMU sucks and we are not nearly as good as the past two years, yada, yada. Yeah, keep convincing yourselves of that. That's what we want.
    DiNucci was replaced by redshirt freshman Kenny Pickett for Pitt's regular-season finale against then-No. 2 Miami. Pickett guided the Panthers to a 24-14 upset victory.
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...burgh-panthers

So, yeah, keep telling yourselves that DiNucci sucks and JMU sucks and we are not nearly as good as the past two years, yada, yada. Yeah, keep convincing yourselves of that. That's what we want.
    So much for "I'll leave it at that."
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I want JMU. Give me JMU. Espn.

I watched a couple of Bison games this year. You guys are better than I ever remember. Same hard-nosed, few-mistakes football as always, but much faster it seemed to me, especially on D. But, if you think you are Jesus of the gridiron and there is no one out there that you have to worry about, then you are only fooling yourselves, which makes for a tremendous letdown should someone come into the dome and spank you, which has never happened before, right? Oh, wait....