Page 121 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1545

Thread: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

Default Re: 1660am rebranding to "The Bison."

I wish they'd find some other platform besides SoundCloud. You used to be able to listen to replay things in the app but no longer. SoundCloud is a garbage app.

Also, podcast your shit. Come on!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I wish they'd find some other platform besides SoundCloud. You used to be able to listen to replay things in the app but no longer. SoundCloud is a garbage app.

It is quite embarrassing that they don’t have a proper podcast. The cost to stream audio is minimal. Especially to the low number of user we’d be talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    It is quite embarrassing that they don’t have a proper podcast. The cost to stream audio is minimal. Especially to the low number of user we’d be talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had a very long drive back home on Sunday by myself. All i wanted to do was listen to the Post game show from the previous game. I know the Bison 1660 App used to have that ability but it doesn't anymore. That could easily have been podcasted to listed to later.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

let them know, might be all it will take if enough demand it

I think soundcloud works really good. It plays in the background

I had a very long drive back home on Sunday by myself. All i wanted to do was listen to the Post game show from the previous game. I know the Bison 1660 App used to have that ability but it doesn't anymore. That could easily have been podcasted to listed to later.
    I was pissed about that too. It's still not up. Want to hear the end of the game with player reaction and bison feedback.

Couldn't listen live because the cell towers were jammed

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Looks like the radio ratings came out today.
    https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb187

The Bison Flagship The Fox was tied for #2 and surprising Bison 1660 actually registered a 1.7.
    It doesn't sound like much but if you understand just how bad AM 1660 has been historically, this is huge growth for both NDSU and Radio FM . I went back as far as I could find and literally once in the last 11 years, it has scored more than a single ratings point and Bison 1660 just had the highest ratings the station has ever had. The Brakedown was the #1 local afternoon sports show in Fargo!

ESPN 1660 - 2007-2012 -
    Talk and Country 2012-2015
    Fox Sports 1660 2015-2016
    BISON 1660 - August 2016

Considering the footprint is tiny compared to the rest of the stations and they claim it's got a big online and streaming audience... pretty impressive!!!

Also I noticed WDAY said NA. I assume that has something to do with adding their FM signal kind of like Bison 1660 did last quarter where they said NA??

Let's keep spreading the word! If your a Bison fan, you want this station to do well because ratings = more adverting dollars and NDSU Athletics gets a chunk of the revenue! Hopefully they can get a bit more local programming so it's less syndicated crap. They haven't published detailed numbers but obviously most of that would be during The Insiders, The Brakedown, The Klieman Radio Show, Richman Radio Show, and Football and Basketball games
    Last edited by HerdBot; 01-30-2018 at 12:26 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

The Bison Flagship The Fox was tied for #2 and surprising Bison 1660 actually registered a 1.7.
    It doesn't sound like much but if you understand just how bad AM 1660 has been historically, this is huge growth for both NDSU and Radio FM . I went back as far as I could find and literally once in the last 11 years, it has scored more than a single ratings point and Bison 1660 just had the highest ratings the station has ever had. The Brakedown was the #1 local afternoon sports show in Fargo!

ESPN 1660 - 2007-2012 -
    BISON 1660 - August 2016

Considering the footprint is tiny compared to the rest of the stations and they claim it's got a big online and streaming audience... pretty impressive!!!

Also I noticed WDAY said NA. I assume that has something to do with adding their FM signal kind of like Bison 1660 did last quarter where they said NA??

Let's keep spreading the word! If your a Bison fan, you want this station to do well because ratings = more adverting dollars and NDSU Athletics gets a chunk of the revenue! Hopefully they can get a bit more local programming so it's less syndicated crap. They haven't published detailed numbers but obviously most of that would be during The Insiders, The Brakedown, The Klieman Radio Show, Richman Radio Show, and Football and Basketball games
    The NA could have something to do with having the port's show on at noon. I have listened a couple times, gawd aweful. No callers and he sounds like he's yelling into the mike all the time. Is it possible to have negative ratings?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

ESPN 1660 - 2007-2012 -
    BISON 1660 - August 2016

Gabe is Mr. Positivity, but dang, I agree with him that you have to look at this relative to the past, and that is a huge gain. They have tripled this audience. And I assume this is the radio listeners only. I assume 1660 has to have one of the most active streaming platforms due to the content of the Insiders. I don't know what they were expecting, but this looks great to my media dumb mind provided they continue to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Gabe is Mr. Positivity, but dang, I agree with him that you have to look at this relative to the past, and that is a huge gain. They have tripled this audience. And I assume this is the radio listeners only. I assume 1660 has to have one of the most active streaming platforms due to the content of the Insiders. I don't know what they were expecting, but this looks great to my media dumb mind provided they continue to grow.
    I agree as well. I listen every day...usually don't get much of the Brakedown...but I get a little of it at work and my drive home. I try to mention 1660 to Bison fans I meet...and it never fails that they haven't heard of it. Not really sure what the answer is, but if they could get 1660 out there in a better way I think they could really increase the ratings. I wonder if it is just sensory overload as people get so many advertisements that they just tune them all out? I know I tune out pretty much everything advertisement-wise...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonbuddy View Post
    The NA could have something to do with having the port's show on at noon. I have listened a couple times, gawd aweful. No callers and he sounds like he's yelling into the mike all the time. Is it possible to have negative ratings?
    That Tyler Axness show on KFGO is even worse.