Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Sdsu

Default Re: Sdsu

Some of you are fucking ridiculous. Teams are food and can score points. Nothing to do with coaching. Seriously, the armchair coaches on here are so dumb and are clueless. Sometimes teams will go on a run a score and come back, much mike we scored a lot to put up a big lead. Thats basketball. Richman is doing an amazing job with a pretty young and i experienced team. Bison bball is at its highest moment every right now. Enjoy it and critique it, but appreciate it.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Some of you are fucking ridiculous. Teams are food and can score points. Nothing to do with coaching. Seriously, the armchair coaches on here are so dumb and are clueless. Sometimes teams will go on a run a score and come back, much mike we scored a lot to put up a big lead. Thats basketball. Richman is doing an amazing job with a pretty young and i experienced team. Bison bball is at its highest moment every right now. Enjoy it and critique it, but appreciate it.
    Agreed. Our youth and lack of a true veteran PG showed down the stretch. Team hung on and won though. I'm super excited about the young talent building on this team. Never remember thinking the momentum was building quite like with this year's team.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We do have a really good team that doesn’t mean Richman is perfect. He has shown for years he prefers to slow it down. Some coaches r that way and this mentality can sometimes go down to the players. I played for a coach that loved to slow it down and inevitably something bad would happen at the end of the quarter. We got the ball to the center of the court and should have attacked and simply pulled it out to run the clock down. I didn’t see richman yelling to attack. I was yelling at them to attack but u could just see the mentality of the so called football reference of prevent defense.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    We do have a really good team that doesn’t mean Richman is perfect. He has shown for years he prefers to slow it down. Some coaches r that way and this mentality can sometimes go down to the players. I played for a coach that loved to slow it down and inevitably something bad would happen at the end of the quarter. We got the ball to the center of the court and should have attacked and simply pulled it out to run the clock down. I didn’t see richman yelling to attack. I was yelling at them to attack but u could just see the mentality of the so called football reference of prevent defense.
    Richman isn't perfect but he's been pretty damn good though. A fair sight more than most here give him credit for.

Tell me what coach wants their players to inbound the ball to the corner like 7-8 times in a row to beat the press that they've turned it over against 5+ times?

Is it that hard to tell a player to not do that again?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Having your team prepared to break a press is coaching 101....in elementary school. We did exactly what Henderson wanted us to do: continuously pass it into the corner and become trapped. Ball reversal and quick passes break it. Instead, multiple turnovers with no adjustment and a nearly botched 22-point second half lead.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

We are inexperienced but we are far from a young team.

More than 1/2 of our minutes were played by Seniors or Juniors. Here is how the minutes were distributed in the SDSU game from last night.

Total Minutes Percentage of Minutes Played
    Senior 36 18%
    Redshirt Junior 34 17%
    Junior 35 18%
    Redshirt Sophomore 28 14% 67% of minutes were 3rd year players
    Sophomore 23 12%
    True Freshman 43 22%

A win is a win is what I always say especially against SDSU.
    It was evident that we were completely unprepared for the full court press. It was good that it happened before Summit League tournament.

The more troubling item is that I don't think SDSU is a lot quicker than us. Teams that are a lot quicker than us like Kansas City could learn a lot from this game. Once the press occurred and they dropped in the 2/3 zone - we stopped attacking. We settled for a ton of jump shots if we didn't turn the ball over.....a bunch of our guys did not look comfortable processioning and making decisions with the ball against the pressure.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We did at times break the press sufficiently and had plenty of a lead but we simply did not attack when we broke the press and instead let them setup their zone defense and we sat on it till the end of the shot clock. We needed to attack and keep scoring and just simply didn’t. We are better than SDSU no doubt, but not if a we play passively.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Didn't you know that’s it all the farm kids on our team bringing us down? Just stop recruiting in rural areas and we’re Gonzaga in 2-3 years, tops...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Tell me what coach wants their players to inbound the ball to the corner like 7-8 times in a row to beat the press that they've turned it over against 5+ times?

Is it that hard to tell a player to not do that again?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    The defense has a say in where the ball is inbounded, and you only have 5 seconds. Otherwise, a press would be useless. We pressed relentlessly in high school, and our opponents knew it, they still had difficultly beating the double team. It's more about player placement and ball movement in beating a press. Holding the ball is exactly what my high school team wanted against our press. As others have stated here, that we didn't capitalize on offense when we did beat the press is all on Richman. It's the one way to get the defense to give up on full court pressure, besides giving up a lead.