Page 97 of 125 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

Default Re: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...rong-question/

What if the committee tried to select the 4 teams most likely to be the top team, rather than the 4 best teams?
    Great article. Still flawed. Just expand it. Simple. Done.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Great article. Still flawed. Just expand it. Simple. Done.
    Or expand it with this new way of looking at how to pick the teams and I believe it would include even more diversity in who’s in the tournament and that very well could include multiple (2-3) G5 teams.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Or expand it with this new way of looking at how to pick the teams and I believe it would include even more diversity in who’s in the tournament and that very well could include multiple (2-3) G5 teams.
    Yeah but I think auto bids for P5 conference champs needs to happen, and then they can use whatever makes the most sense, like that system for example, to figure out the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Knew who it was going to be before even clicking. He's a good one for sure. Though I think the BSU job would be Avalos' to turn down.
    And Avalos does get the job.
    Oregon D.C. and iirc also a BSU alum, like Choate is.

Unpopular opinion: scrap the playoff and go way back to pre-BCS traditional bowl matchups (Big10 vs. Pac10 in Rose Bowl, etc.) New Years Day was glorious. Two polls and ocassionally a split decision. It was awesome.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Had to chuckle a bit at this line "The Big Sky, CAA and Missouri Valley conferences are the big three in the FCS, having produced the last 12 national champions" At least they are expanding it past the last nine now.
    How anyone can write that or say that with a straight face is beyond me. #journalism
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    How anyone can write that or say that with a straight face is beyond me. #journalism
    Villanova and Richmond won it the two earlier years. Why not go back to last 14 then and give the CAA two more?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Unpopular opinion: scrap the playoff and go way back to pre-BCS traditional bowl matchups (Big10 vs. Pac10 in Rose Bowl, etc.) New Years Day was glorious. Two polls and ocassionally a split decision. It was awesome.
    I would not be opposed to that but you would also have to throw out the idea of a national champion too. It's hard for both to exist at the same time. We were in Memphis once during the Liberty Bowl and the number of activities and events around it looked like fun. The bowls are so much more than just the game. They are week long festivals.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I support this only so I can make fun of the FBS while NDSU is still FCS. I would rather NDSU move up to FBS if there is a chance at G5 sniffing a playoff, however much of a long shot it would be...

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I would not be opposed to that but you would also have to throw out the idea of a national champion too. It's hard for both to exist at the same time. We were in Memphis once during the Liberty Bowl and the number of activities and events around it looked like fun. The bowls are so much more than just the game. They are week long festivals.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Question for you---If a runner passes the line to gain then reverses field and crosses back the line to gain and is tackled is it still a first down?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."