Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Polasek to Northern Illinois

Default Re: Polasek to Northern Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    This is what I know, because there are a few things on this thread that are very inaccurate. He had been here a long time and needs to get some additional experience to better his resume. This is a positive and he is very close with Bohl. They had a great talk and he isn't chasing his Wisconsin recruits to Northern Illinios who is "full." The Wisconsin kids have confirmed they are Bison today and having "a blast together on campus." Follow Tanguay on Twitter, he is loving it. A couple others come next week. They speech was made that they committed to be a part of NDSU, and Bisonnation, not just one great coach.

I wanted to personally say THANK YOU to Tim. What a great person, an amazing coach, and I hope we can find someone to replace his position with half the passion he had. He once told me a recruiting story about Crockett and i had to pretend I had alergies....powerful. Guy can motivate. Best of luck!!!! He won't be fun to recruit against in Wisconsin in future years, as he dominates that state.

Kenny is the recruiting coordinator this year, so that is a positive. The timing of having the wisconsin kids on campus is actually great. Reconfirming their verbal to NDSU, getting to know the other kids, see the campus, etc.
    Wish Polasek the best. Hire Burgundy. Save three peat hopes.
    <thanks again for the BB tic>

Other schools look to successful programs and coaches. I hope he got some good $$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Polasek is a huge loss. My guess is it will cost us Jacobsen, which would be a huge get for NDSU if he sticks. I can't help but wonder if the complete and utter dress down Bohl did on Polasek, four times, coming back again and again to chew his ass, after the attempted punt block in the Geo Southern game had anything to do with his decision to call it a day.
    If he cant handle getting his ass chewed he doesn't belong - anywhere- and N Illinois wouldn't have hired him. One ass chewing has zero to do with him leaving- its a chance for advancement and more $$$ to boot. A big hug and kiss on the cheek from Bohl wouldn't have made him stay.

When Bohl hired Polasek he was working part-time as a lumberjack or something and was desperate enough for a job that he drove twelve hours at the drop of a hat for the chance at an FCS positional coordinator spot. That generates the kind of loyalty that isn't just tossed out when Coach gives you the business. Northern Illinois has become a respectable FBS program and if Polasek has any coaching ambitions it's a logical move for him.

Wish all the best to Coach Polasek and will be rooting for the Huskies to do well next season.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    He was our recruiting coordinator as well and was one of the coaches the players really trusted and rallied around. Was a bigger part of rallying the troups after the 3-8 season than Bohl.
    Many players love Polasek. There is no doubt that he is a big loss. So first, I want to thank Coach P for his many great contributions to the Bison program, and wish him continued great success!

NDSU has a great program that can overcome the loss of individual players or coaches, but in this case it will have to be a team effort because Polasek is one of a kind! As for the impact on recruiting, time will tell. The recruiters are crucial for getting kids on campus. Once they visit, I think the school and the program can sell themselves quite well.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Coach P was fun to chat with. Last year at the spring game showcase he showed me the ring. I said jc that thing is big, how the hell are you gonna fit three of those on one hand? The look on his face was priceless. Best of luck to him.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

I hope the best for him. I am surprised because his woman is from out here, but maybe they have hopes of coming back some day. Wish them the best, nice people.

"Didn't I show you things you've never done before..."
    https://youtu.be/t3JJb9cjGOk

Polasek will be missed. But so was every great Bison coach. Good luck

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

#shitcoachpsays on twitter = gold.

I think Polosek deserves props for recruiting. He's left the program in a better position than when he got here. He could have half assed it recruiting in Wisconsin, instead he gives us 5 studs and some great walkons. Good luck and thank you

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com