Page 152 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 521021421501511521531541622022526521152 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Chris Long‏
    @ChrisLongKSTP
    Today's @SJUJohnnies / @TommieAthletics game at Target Field outdrew more than half the Division 1 bowl games held last season.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    If you don't think NDSU should be in a bigger league.

Try finding a ticket

ndsualumni.com/ticketexchange it amazing how many people are looking for them.

Going rate is $100/ticket on Craigslist https://fargo.craigslist.org/search/tia?query=ndsu

for Homecoming/UNI & USD they will be going for $150-$200/ticket easily. WOW>
    Im reading your post as a pro for staying fcs...if we were in a worthless g5 conference...those ticket search posts wouldn't exist. I think that's a good problem.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

No! That can't be True...the bowl game is the all honored and covered prize!!! And a game at Target field would be terrible I've heard.

/All purple
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Jeff Kolpack‏ @FGOSPORTSWRITER
    Those Georgia Southern FCS playoff teams that came to the Fargodome would handle this GSU FBS squad.

Serious question, of all the teams that have moved from FCS to FBS in the last 10-15 years how many are actually better now than their FCS years?

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Jeff Kolpack‏ @FGOSPORTSWRITER
    Those Georgia Southern FCS playoff teams that came to the Fargodome would handle this GSU FBS squad.

Serious question, of all the teams that have moved from FCS to FBS in the last 10-15 years how many are actually better now than their FCS years?
    Boise State was for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Georgia southern won a bowl game with their FCS recruits, think about that

Now look at them and that crappy spread option type offense, and their overweight d line that was sucking air halfway thru the first qtr..
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

To be fair, GSU has a new coach, no? That could have happened in FCS as well...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Boise State was for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Boise State would be out of the time frame he used, i.e. last 10-15 years. The list would be Charlotte, Coastal Carolina, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, FIU, FAU, UMASS, Old Dominion, South Alabama, Texas State, Texas-San Antonio, Troy, and Western Kentucky. Some of these schools were new start-ups and only played in FCS for two years before jumping so it's hard to compare FCS to FBS success.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    Boise State would be out of the time frame he used, i.e. last 10-15 years. The list would be Charlotte, Coastal Carolina, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, FIU, FAU, UMASS, Old Dominion, South Alabama, Texas State, Texas-San Antonio, Troy, and Western Kentucky. Some of these schools were new start-ups and only played in FCS for two years before jumping so it's hard to compare FCS to FBS success.
    Which ones have had FBS success? Also to what degree, winning one game will not make it a successful jump.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Which ones have had FBS success? Also to what degree, winning one game will not make it a successful jump.
    WKU is probably the bellweather so far, they have done really well after getting off to a slow start. ODU has sold out every game since restarting football and UTSA has been up and down a bit but is undefeated right now and draws well at the Alamodome. Of the recent move ups, App State has won 2 bowl games in a row, GaSo is struggling right now but will be fine. Jury is out on Coastal and Charlotte while FAU and FIU have been a joke. That's my synopsis anyways.