Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: GDT: Bison vs Sam Houston State

Default Re: GDT: Bison vs Sam Houston State

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdaryl3rd View Post
    While I'm sure Central Michigan is more talented top to bottom than SHSU (in fact, I know they are), they will not have a player anywhere near the calibre of Bomar at the skill positions. We didn't play great, but Bomar is a different kind of talent from the rest of this level and played out of his mind tonight. I think we'll be fine moving forward.
    yes, i know bomar is in a different caliber as a quarterback, but you still can not give up that many points game in and game out. C.M's qb may not be in the same category, but a FBS quarterback is going to be able to get the ball to his receivers.

CMU runs the spread option which is what SFA and Sam Houston ran. Does this pose a special problem for the Tampa 2 defense? We haven't looked good on defense so far this season. No push on the defensive line at all. They ran that fake handoff by Bomar run off tackle by Bomar all night for huge yards.
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

I know you don't get the homer call but I listened to the SHSU feed. Not bad and got to hear the whole thing at the end. Even when it did quit, it was just a pause and picked up within a few seconds. Would have loved to been there in person like my fam and I talked about. I'm sure the in-laws can't speak right about now.

After a game like this, wouldn't you think Walker would get some sort of look at the pro level. The guy is "As cool as the other side of the pillow."
    "If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf." - Bob Hope

Quote Originally Posted by KC_Hats View Post
    CMU runs the spread option which is what SFA and Sam Houston ran. Does this pose a special problem for the Tampa 2 defense? We haven't looked good on defense so far this season. No push on the defensive line at all. They ran that fake handoff by Bomar run off tackle by Bomar all night for huge yards.
    exactly. need more push, alot more.

The bison D does not look good at all against the spread option. The CMU and the Minnesota games could cause a really big challange. Especially since is alot of tape on the bison playing spread offense teams now. Should be an interesting game next week to see what adjustments the D makes.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBisonToo View Post
    I know you don't get the homer call but I listened to the SHSU feed. Not bad and got to hear the whole thing at the end. Even when it did quit, it was just a pause and picked up within a few seconds. Would have loved to been there in person like my fam and I talked about. I'm sure the in-laws can't speak right about now.

After a game like this, wouldn't you think Walker would get some sort of look at the pro level. The guy is "As cool as the other side of the pillow."
    The pro scouts had to like his game tonight as well. He matched Bomar TD for TD tonight and as you said that last drive was Walker all the way. I thought we had lost after they scored. Forgot about Walker though. You can't leave time on the clock for him either. He just wins games.
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

Some of you guys need to take a look around college football and see what's happening. FBS teams are dropping like fly's to a lot of different FCS teams.

There is not much difference in talent between alot of the better teams in FSC and even the mid tier teams at FBS.

If there is, then a great majority of the FBS teams are missing out big time on some incredible schemeing coaches at the FCS level.

I love Walker, however, his body is pretty small for the NFL. I am doubtful that he can make it.

Thumbs up Re: GDT: Bison vs Sam Houston State

The D still has a little adjusting to do. Though it's hard to be critical of them against a QB like Bomar, the guy has got skills. You can see why he was #1 coming out of high school. But Walker showed him up though!!!
    THE MARCH IS ON!!

FIRETRUCKS? WE DON"T NEED NO STINKING FIRETRUCKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Montana Bison View Post
    The D still has a little adjusting to do. Though it's hard to be critical of them against a QB like Bomar, the guy has got skills. You can see why he was #1 coming out of high school. But Walker showed him up though!!!
    I don't know if I would say he showed him up....both QB's played extreamly well. Probably the 2 best QB's in the FCS. It just happened that the Bison had the ball last. What a great game and great win for the bison. Walker reminds me a little bit of Brett Favre.