Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Iowa State

Default Re: Iowa State

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Let's be real....he wouldn't have mattered
    Still would have been the same outcome, a loss but perhaps the team hangs around a bit longer or maybe he is outclassed as well. Tough spot for a freshman.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Positives - Unfortunate for the foul trouble but AJ was scoring and was efficient against a top team. I would think this was a confidence booster. Paul Miller is a true scorer but he also plays big for a guard and I honestly wasn't expecting that aspect of his game.

Negatives - Falling apart late in games vs good competition is a bad trend to start. Time to track down Brock Jensen or Carson and see if some game closing mojo can't transfer over from the football guys. Also, I do love Dupree's quickness but I got over it last year when I watched him miss layup after layup....after layup after layup. If you're never going to finish shots then pass it

I hope you guys realize that was the number 5 team in the nation.... We hung around ... They simply are better.... Could be interesting next fall bison football might play a ranked team in football with Iowa losing 5 starters on offense and 4 on defense off the depth chart I found they will be returning their qb I don't see him leaving early

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Nice job battling back. I have to say it was frustrating to see. The final score was not indicative of the game. Have to give you guys some of the credit for the cold shooting from 3. We don't see that very often at Hilton (last time I can recall was Kansas two years ago).

Interesting you guys didnt shoot well from 3, but still shot 50% overalll

Really good game for NDSU last night. Foul trouble limited AJ minutes and he was playing good. That dreaded scoring drought and turnovers really hurt. But to really hang with 4th ranked team in the country was nice. No I am not into moral victories, but I want to see the team play well under tough conditions and they did that last night. 3 games left in this road trip and lets win them all.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I hope you guys realize that was the number 5 team in the nation.... We hung around ... They simply are better.... Could be interesting next fall bison football might play a ranked team in football with Iowa losing 5 starters on offense and 4 on defense off the depth chart I found they will be returning their qb I don't see him leaving early
    This ^
    We not only hung around with our best defender on the bench, we were within a couple of buckets most of the game. A few shots bounce differently and who knows.

It's not like we were playing a Summit League team here. Top 5 Big 12 Champion. One of the best teams we have ever played. These guys are a 1 or 2 seed in the Big Dance. They win 99% of the time at home again anyone, much less us.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I don't get everyone chalking this up to being young....seriously, of the guys who played meaningful minutes tonight(more than 10 minutes) ONE is a true freshman, and three are sophomores with two of them having a full year of playing already, including an NCAA tourney game...you can't possibly consider that young and inexperienced...this was a 20 point loss. I don't care if it was close with 11 minutes left, in today's game, most teams on an average night, can hang until mid 2nd half before the blowout begins. I'm not saying this team isn't or won't be good, but lets have a little more expectations from them and stop carrying on about how good they played considering they are "young and inexperienced". We only had 12 turnovers, which is not a terrible amount, probably pretty average. They did not lose the game due to turnovers from inexperience. Iowa State shot terrible from 3, so imagine if they would have had a normal night from there...looks like we shot bad from there too, but so far this season we have.
    I don't see the silver lining in a 20 point loss, even to a top 5 team(who by the way, is almost certainly not, Iowa State is typically overrated, i think the NCAA tourney has proved that).
    Just my two cents, please flame away, i'm sure it's coming.
    That right there is the definition of a young team. In contrast ISU started 4 Seniors and a Junior. We only have 2 seniors, one of whom didn't play and another who is playing limited minutes as he's still coming back from injury. You have to remember this is the first time these kids are in the spotlight, this is the transition to Paul Miller & AJ's team from LA. Khy is a freshman, Clements is essentially a freshman after only one year of JuCo ball, this is a whole different level of competition for him and then you have Dylan Miller filling in as needed as a true freshman as well. When 65% of your scoring is coming from Sophomores or younger that is a young team. These are 18-20 year old kids out there still learning the college game going against a top 5 team starting guys on their 4th or 5th seasons at the college level. Our guys will learn, just wait until Miller & AJ are seniors and this team will have plenty of experience, then we'll have the ability to win more of these games.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    That right there is the definition of a young team. In contrast ISU started 4 Seniors and a Junior. We only have 2 seniors, one of whom didn't play and another who is playing limited minutes as he's still coming back from injury. You have to remember this is the first time these kids are in the spotlight, this is the transition to Paul Miller & AJ's team from LA. Khy is a freshman, Clements is essentially a freshman after only one year of JuCo ball, this is a whole different level of competition for him and then you have Dylan Miller filling in as needed as a true freshman as well. When 65% of your scoring is coming from Sophomores or younger that is a young team. These are 18-20 year old kids out there still learning the college game going against a top 5 team starting guys on their 4th or 5th seasons at the college level. Our guys will learn, just wait until Miller & AJ are seniors and this team will have plenty of experience, then we'll have the ability to win more of these games.
    Age in basketball means very little. See- Duke & Kentucky. I'm not as ready as you are to send this group to the Final Four in a few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by bi'S'on View Post
    Age in basketball means very little. See- Duke & Kentucky. I'm not as ready as you are to send this group to the Final Four in a few seasons.
    Well obviously age doesn't mean anything when you are in bringing lottery draft pick recruits every year.

For smaller programs it is a much bigger deal, not a shock our best teams were also the most experienced. This team will be very good in AJ and Paul's senior year if they can find/develop some other pieces around them.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.