Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015/2016 Schedule

Default Re: 2015/2016 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    ISU not the worst matchup. Not sure they will have much of a front court. Plus, losing Hoiberg will hurt.
    You are dreaming!

One they have a Wooden Award candidate in Georges Niang a do-everything post player for them and a good-to-great point guard in Monte Morris. They return 4 of 5 starters with a couple of transfers also becoming eligible this season. ISU will enter the season in the top 10. Steve Prohm was hired in large part because he runs everything that Hoiberg ran so there will be virtually no let-down or transition issues with respect to the coaching change.

It will be a good test for NDSU. I suspect the bright lights of Hilton Coliseum will not bother them but this will likely be their toughest test of the season including whatever first round game they end up having in the NCAA tournament!

ISU not the worst matchup. Not sure they will have much of a front court. Plus, losing Hoiberg will hurt.
    They return Georges Niang who was First Team All-Big 12, AP 3rd team All-American, and a Top 15 Wooden Award Candidate last season.
    They also return Jameel McKay who was Third Team All-Big 12 and the Big 12 Defensive player of the year last season. He is their rim protector and has a 7'4" wingspan.
    Their frontcourt will be one of the nation's best. Not to mention they are lead by 2nd team All-Big 12 PG Monte Morris, who will be getting drafted by the NBA next year. And a bench full of players who can drain 3 pointers from anywhere on the court.

Steve Prohm has the same style of play as Fred Hoiberg. They won't miss a beat next season, it's the year after that he will have his hands full.
    Everybody on this board could coach that ISU team to probably 25 wins.

This will be a really tough test but our men will be up for it. Bright lights on them is then they shine the most.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I sat right behind tatanka and paid face. This tells me some of your souls aint worth much.

That makes it even worse! It won't happen for courtside seats for basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitown View Post
    They return Georges Niang who was First Team All-Big 12, AP 3rd team All-American, and a Top 15 Wooden Award Candidate last season.
    They also return Jameel McKay who was Third Team All-Big 12 and the Big 12 Defensive player of the year last season. He is their rim protector and has a 7'4" wingspan.
    Their frontcourt will be one of the nation's best. Not to mention they are lead by 2nd team All-Big 12 PG Monte Morris, who will be getting drafted by the NBA next year. And a bench full of players who can drain 3 pointers from anywhere on the court.

Steve Prohm has the same style of play as Fred Hoiberg. They won't miss a beat next season, it's the year after that he will have his hands full.

Another thing about McKay is that he flies up and down the court. On one play last year, he blocked a layup, then took off down court, got in front of everyone, caught a pass, and made a break-away dunk. I've never seen a big guy get up and down the court as well as McKay.

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Another thing about McKay is that he flies up and down the court. On one play last year, he blocked a layup, then took off down court, got in front of everyone, caught a pass, and made a break-away dunk. I've never seen a big guy get up and down the court as well as McKay.
    We'll put Dex on him and he won't know what to do. How does he defend the dribble off the foot and stumble backwards layup?

Quote Originally Posted by wcb_sas View Post
    You are dreaming!

One they have a Wooden Award candidate in Georges Niang a do-everything post player for them and a good-to-great point guard in Monte Morris. They return 4 of 5 starters with a couple of transfers also becoming eligible this season. ISU will enter the season in the top 10. Steve Prohm was hired in large part because he runs everything that Hoiberg ran so there will be virtually no let-down or transition issues with respect to the coaching change.

It will be a good test for NDSU. I suspect the bright lights of Hilton Coliseum will not bother them but this will likely be their toughest test of the season including whatever first round game they end up having in the NCAA tournament!
    Niang plays more on the perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitown View Post

Hoiberg was good enough to get that team to a Final Four. Prohm probably not.

Hoiberg was good enough to get that team to a Final Four. Prohm probably not.
    He was also good enough to let that team lose to UAB in the first round.

Niang plays more on the perimeter.

Niang also plays a lot of post with the ball going through him against zones. He is famous for his "old man YMCA game" in which he twists, turns, and takes baby hook shots. For fun, watch him destroy Traylor in the Big 12 tournament two years ago.