Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-blue Post-Game Thoughts.

Default Re: ISU-blue Post-Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I thought the same thing until I watched the replay. It was fairly obvious PGT had pitchman, which means the safety likely had QB.
    I just started re watching it. I will have to look for that. If it was the safety man was he way out of postion

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Help me out on assignment football for this read option stuff. Who ends up having RB, who has QB, and on the long TD run OLB has to have the pitch guy? Traditional option football I know who is supposed to have each, but read option assignments have to be different.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I just started re watching it. I will have to look for that. If it was the safety man was he way out of postion
    I think in that play the opposite safety had the QB. The safety on PGT'S side had coverage on the slot. At least that is how I saw it.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

after re watching the 1st half, the O line did not play all that bad RB played well two...all of them. the D less 3 plays was pretty darn solid

I was generally happy with things today. D was pretty solid except for a few plays. On offense, even though I don't like the 4 back rotation, it at least looked more like typical Bison running. We didn't break any big runs from our backs, but I thought the constant pounding of 57 runs took its toll on ISU, and paid off on the game clinching drive at the end of the game, when we were going for 5,6,7,8 yards a carry. Stick looked cool and calm running the team.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Would help if they would quit running shotgun on 3rd and 1....never seem to get a positive play out of it...
    Preach Brother!!! AMEN

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    1) Our Defense falls apart when offense plays a quick no huddle Offense.
    2) King is a 2nd half , 4th Qrtr RB....he does not have that 2nd level speed or elusiveness like Crockett or DJ McNorton but he always gets yards after contact on most occasions. He can wear opposing Defenses very quickly in the 4th Qrtr.
    3) Our coaching staff need to learn clock management....chew the clock when we have 2 TD lead in 1st half, ...ISU first 1st TD was very similar to Grizzlies game winning drive....
    4) We need to get Carson in the post game interview and treat him like he played the game....
    I can agree with all this except for 4) .

Sorry to tell ya but Wentz isn't playing . Why interview him ? Did we interview Beck, Heagle or any other INJURED player when they were out with injuries ?

Next man up....It's Easton's turn for the interveiws

I didn't read the entire thread, but why didn't they run the QB more?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MHDBisonfan View Post
    I was generally happy with things today. D was pretty solid except for a few plays.
    You're right about the D in this game but there is one key difference about this game and the games where the D completely fell apart.
    This team could not pass the ball. They were a run only team. Our D has held very strong on all of the run only teams that they have
    played. The teams that could pass completely tore them apart though. That is where I see the real problem. As we get to better teams,
    they are going to be able to pass the ball. I'm hoping things improve when that happens. Even in this game pass coverage was pretty poor
    almost every play. The only reason it didn't matter is because the other team could catch the ball even when it was thrown right to them.
    Look at what Montana and South Dakota did. They passed the ball and where able to catch it. It totally screwed up our D and they couldn't
    find a way to cover the combined passing and running game. It just seems to me that the D is having a really hard time sniffing out plays
    when they play an offense that has multiple options.

Overall this team looks really great and I'm not complaining at all. If we could get an little more solid O line and RB for
    consistent 3-4 yard gains and shore up some stupid penalties this team has a very good chance at a championship. They do
    need to improve significantly if a couple specific (but key) areas though for that to happen.
    Last edited by awBison; 10-25-2015 at 06:10 AM.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by awBison View Post
    You're right about the D in this game but there is one key difference about this game and the games where the D completely fell apart.
    This team could not pass the ball. They were a run only team. Our D has held very strong on all of the run only teams that they have
    played. The teams that could pass completely tore them apart though. That is where I see the real problem. As we get to better teams,
    they are going to be able to pass the ball. I'm hoping things improve when that happens. Even in this game pass coverage was pretty poor
    almost every play. The only reason it didn't matter is because the other team could catch the ball even when it was thrown right to them.
    Look at what Montana and South Dakota did. They passed the ball and where able to catch it. It totally screwed up our D and they couldn't
    find a way to cover the combined passing and running game. It just seems to me that the D is having a really hard time sniffing out plays
    when they play an offense that has multiple options.

Overall this team looks really great and I'm not complaining at all. If we could get an little more solid O line and RB for
    consistent 3-4 yard gains and shore up some stupid penalties this team has a very good chance at a championship. They do
    need to improve significantly if a couple specific (but key) areas though for that to happen.
    If your talking about the passing game as a result of read option, then I agree with you.