Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the end of the road for Coach Bohl at NDSU?

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Is this the end of the road for Coach Bohl at NDSU?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So who had the closest score prediction for this game?
    Lakes did. I'm pretty sure I saw on the Kansas board he predicted 24-21 NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So who had the closest score prediction for this game?
    I did. Again

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Yep if it is going to happen it will happen this year. It may not happen and it may happen only time will tell. It all depends on what coach wants to deal with and what he envisions happening in his life in the next 10 years. He may find himself in a position that money is not the motivator anymore and maybe not. He will hit the 40% tax bracket with anything above what he makes now, so you have to sit down and figure out the dollars and cents and the time comittment and risk and happiness portions. Does he stay and work the system that he has put in place or does he go and totally set up the system anew.
    Well thank God for the taxes. That Saban guy is an idiot. He'd be a lot better off coaching Wofford.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EPBison View Post
    I was asked about this today as well. IMO it's a Big 10 or Big 12 job or nothing. Hope he's around for a long while. Maybe he will be like Jerry Moore at App St and stick around for 20+years. Another 10-12 years would be pretty cool.
    The difference is that Moore ended up at Appy State after a failed five year stint at Texas State. He was out of coaching for a while after that miserable failure. Moore was never going to get another big time gig anyway. That is true for Bohl.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Ill bet Klimen or Vigen are gone before Bohl

just saying
    Klimen probably, but I doubt there are many big-time college gigs where a HC is looking for a OC to run a conventional, even old, west coast offensive scheme. Not in the day and age of the spread.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Well thank God for the taxes. That Saban guy is an idiot. He'd be a lot better off coaching Wofford.
    Not only would Bohl pay a lot more in Federal taxes if he moves up, but he'd almost certainly be in a state with much higher state taxes then ND has. In the end, he may not gain much dollar wise and probably won't have the fan and administrative support he enjoys here. I also doubt many BCS schools are going to tolerate a clusterfuck like he had back in 08 and 09.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by bisonhp330 View Post
    no. Ten char
    tldr........

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

In summary, I believe the only HC job Bohl would leave NDSU for would be the Big Red in Nebraska.

I have lots of friends in NE who are Cornhusker fans and they all say the same thing, knowledgeable NE football fans know that Bohl was the scapegoat for Solich's crumbling regime. They all still follow Bohl, and most of them believe he will be the next HC after Pelini is fired, which could come as early as this year.

Did you see how horrible the NE defense was against Wyoming? They gave up 34 points at home to WY, and did this after giving up 115 points during the final two games last year and lost most of their defense. You heard it hear first, the Bunnies will beat the Huskers on September 21.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    So your saying that he wouldn't look at his actual take home pay when making a decision on what he or anyone for that matter wants to do when a job is offered??????? Big numbers sound great but when you take out 40% + it does actually make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    So your saying that he wouldn't look at his actual take home pay when making a decision on what he or anyone for that matter wants to do when a job is offered??????? Big numbers sound great but when you take out 40% + it does actually make a difference.
    He made $367,843 last year. The median salary of the head football coach in the FBS is about $1.4 million. If he moved on for that run of the mill wage he'd make 3.5 times what he is now, after federal taxes.

If the pre-tax compensation were close the state you work in could make a difference but I think we're all agree he would only move for a premium job which implies a substantial pay increase.

In any case the federal taxes aren't going to make a difference. They're the same in both places and they work on the margin. If he's already paying 33% on a dollar he's making now the marginal impact of the 35% tax rate on his next dollar of income isn't 35% it's 2%.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie