View Poll Results: Your best guess: Where does NDSU sit after current realignment?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain FCS

50 56.18%
  • FBS Football-only in CUSA / Summit everything else

27 30.34%
  • FBS Full member in CUSA

5 5.62%
  • FBS independent / Summit everything else

0 0%
  • Other

7 7.87%
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU After Realignment

Default Re: NDSU After Realignment

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    He and Dean are here at game. Is Lakes here? I'd pay good money to see him give them a piece of his mind.
    I LOVE DEAN... but he's gone, MATT LARSON NEEDS TO BE RUN OUT OF TOWN. for the debacle with nixing games last year & now this
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

It's starting to get ridiculous. I'm starting to think that for NDSU to keep a solid fanbase at the FCS level there will be a big turnover of fans and some serious down years in attendance.

Many will stop being interested and will slowly move on, the numbers will drop to where prices have to as well, new families and fans can afford better seats and things grow back. Maybe not all the way.

But for the first time in all this FBS talk I legitimately fear a large decline in the fan base coming over the next few years.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/s...248460804?s=20

NMSU, Liberty, SHU, JSU all sports. That’s a start. If true I’m impressed and my interest is rekindled
    As the kids would say: I’d tap that. Especially being in DFW I could definitely go to a couple of road games each year which would be epic. Gimme SDSU and maybe Montanas for football and I’m in w/o a doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

If NDSU misses out on this realignment it might close.. then when the P5 split comes we will be left in FCS forever.. Pretty much every team we have been competitive with nationally has now left FCS.. Other than EWU and SDSU no other teams left have ever been competitive the last decade with us.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    If NDSU misses out on this realignment it might close.. then when the P5 split comes we will be left in FCS forever.. Pretty much every team we have been competitive with nationally has now left FCS.. Other than EWU and SDSU no other teams left have ever been competitive the last decade with us.
    Close? Any historical precedent for that?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The window of oppurtunity would close.. and we would be stuck.

Okay, so trying to cut out all the drama and hyperbole...

Matt Larsen said we're closely watching the landscape and if our peers move up that will be concerning and we may need to make a move. Soooo, this is it right?

We've lost JMU, SHU and JSU at this point. What else would we need? I would guess we're trying to make FB only work?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

So basically the teams we beat for the title or beat us on the way to the title in 7 of the last 10 years will now be gone to FBS...

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    It's starting to get ridiculous. I'm starting to think that for NDSU to keep a solid fanbase at the FCS level there will be a big turnover of fans and some serious down years in attendance.

Many will stop being interested and will slowly move on, the numbers will drop to where prices have to as well, new families and fans can afford better seats and things grow back. Maybe not all the way.

But for the first time in all this FBS talk I legitimately fear a large decline in the fan base coming over the next few years.

Its already happening, I know many walking away and I'm close, paying the prices we do for Valpo, Albany, Indiana St and probably even worse teams in "playoffs" its fucking ridiculous.

We brag about FBS facilities well that doesn't matter when your not FBS and should be damn proud to have more money into a practice facility that most teams spend in 2 years on their entire program.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Its already happening, I know many walking away and I'm close, paying the prices we do for Valpo, Albany, Indiana St and probably even worse teams in "playoffs" its fucking ridiculous.

We brag about FBS facilities well that doesn't matter when your not FBS and should be damn proud to have more money into a practice facility that most teams spend in 2 years on their entire program.
    I mentioned it earlier this season but I it much easier to miss a game or think about maybe not being able to watch an away game on tv this year.

I know this is crazy but honestly it NDSU stays FCS and eventually falls back to the pack and doesn't win it all every other year it won't make things more exciting. It will mean we can't even beat the pud programs that were left behind by all the FBS realignment.

Which stage of grief is this? Isolation, anger, bargaining or depression?