Page 42 of 390 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I just booked the Campus Inn for 2 nights. On Hotels.com anyway the LaQuinta was going for 400 a night!
    Normally I'd call a place like that a dive, but it seems to be the exception. Older style motel, but it appears to be kept up well and the neighborhood has improved quite a bit in the last decade. You've got a Whole Foods across the street, and the core of downtown is only a few blocks walk to the west.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Normally I'd call a place like that a dive, but it seems to be the exception. Older style motel, but it appears to be kept up well and the neighborhood has improved quite a bit in the last decade. You've got a Whole Foods across the street, and the core of downtown is only a few blocks walk to the west.
    He lives in Dayton. That will skew anyone’s perceptions of what constitutes a dive.

80 bucks a night is 80 bucks a night. Clean and bed. All I need

Think what you want about Dayton but my house cost half of what it would in Fargo.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    He lives in Dayton. That will skew anyone’s perceptions of what constitutes a dive.
    Point. lol

But I'd avoid the motels in the West Eugene neighborhood around W 6th & 7th Avenues west of I-105. That neighborhood is sketchy. Not Dayton sketchy(that belongs to part of Springfield), but enough that I'd avoid it.

And it looks like a lot of the best hotels from a convenience standpoint are either sold out already or haven't released their inventory yet as it's over a year away. Almost the entire Gateway area is grayed out on Travelocity(several of the other hotel websites wouldn't let me select a date over a year out).

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Point. lol

But I'd avoid the motels in the West Eugene neighborhood around W 6th & 7th Avenues west of I-105. That neighborhood is sketchy. Not Dayton sketchy(that belongs to part of Springfield), but enough that I'd avoid it.

And it looks like a lot of the best hotels from a convenience standpoint are either sold out already or haven't released their inventory yet as it's over a year away. Almost the entire Gateway area is grayed out on Travelocity(several of the other hotel websites wouldn't let me select a date over a year out).
    I've stayed in a $35 hotel in East St. Louis, it was clean. That's all I care about.

Eugene doesn't scare me.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've stayed in a $35 hotel in East St. Louis, it was clean. That's all I care about.

Eugene doesn't scare me.
    From the appearance of the outsides, I doubt the hotels I was referring to are all that clean on the inside. They're on decent-sized arterial roads, so I drive by them from time to time.

BTW, the place you chose looks really good, especially for the price. I'd stay there in a heartbeat.

Did it cost 50 cents to vibrate the bed, or have prices gone up?

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    Did it cost 50 cents to vibrate the bed, or have prices gone up?
    In high school I stayed at a hotel in Dickinson that had a vibrating bed.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

80 bucks a night is 80 bucks a night. Clean and bed. All I need

Think what you want about Dayton but my house cost half of what it would in Fargo.
    Hey, you can always stay for free in the massive tent dwellings in most Left Coast sanctuary cities.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Hey, you can always stay for free in the massive tent dwellings in most Left Coast sanctuary cities.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯