Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Denver and Oral Roberts

Default Re: Denver and Oral Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    How long has Meidinger been in a completely immobilizing knee brace?
    Just had surgery on his knee. Was making solid progression during his red-shirt season but the injury will definitely set him back.

Good bounce back win for the Bison today. Had multiple guys step up and provide scoring and out rebounded a big ORU team. Was nice to see AJ play well, he's a kid that should easily score 10 a game, need him to finish his senior season off right.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Crazy how Jekyll and Hyde this team is, nice bounce back game. Hopefully Richman can keep this level of play going.
    Yep, bipolar! As soon as you right the season off they have a good game! I think that ORU's zone was actually good for us today. Had to change up how we attacked on offense.

Oral Bob is just a worse team. It was a good much needed win but I ain't getting too excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Oral Bob is just a worse team. It was a good much needed win but I ain't getting too excited.
    ORU should wipe the floor with Denver. They've got the most athletic frontcourt in the Summit League. This was another "up" in a roller coaster season for the Bison. They defended and rebounded really well in the 2nd half against one of the better offensive rebounding teams in the country. Offensively they shot it well especially from 3 and had several beautiful possessions late in the 2nd half where they milked the shot clock and got a great look right at the end of it.

It's a positive step but hopefully they don't revert back to the last Thursday night form against UND. I'm still not going to get that excited either but games like this make games like last Thursday all the more frustrating.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wow we were lethargic and then Coach came absolutely unglued after 3 players watched a ball bounce around and didn't go after it. It worked well they picked it up after that. He was really giving it to AJ and Quayle the whole timeout.

ORU only scored like 3 points the end of the first half and a bunch of time into the second. Once we started working on D and picked up the intensity it went well.
    Amazing what can happen when the head coach actually attempts to coach. Kudos to Dave for lighting a fire and kudos to the team for responding.

Damn, 3-1 in the league would feel so much better than 2-2. Hoping to keep it going on Tuesday.

DM should only see the court for emergency purposes. AJ has a role, but usually shouldnt be in there at the end. I love what Cam provides this team. Desperately needed. Much better 2nd half and nice to see them keep that lead instead of ORU getting right back in it. There's going to be inconsistency, hoping Geu gets better and better, and get that 3 seed (most plausible).

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wow we were lethargic and then Coach came absolutely unglued after 3 players watched a ball bounce around and didn't go after it. It worked well they picked it up after that. He was really giving it to AJ and Quayle the whole timeout.

ORU only scored like 3 points the end of the first half and a bunch of time into the second. Once we started working on D and picked up the intensity it went well.
    This was after both AJ and Quayle passed up open shots on the offensive end with less than 10 seconds on the shot clock and we turned it over, I believe the exact words I could hear from my seats half way across the arena were "SHOOT THE DAMN BALL" Was nice to see AJ actually participate in a game, the offense moved the ball very well against the zone and didn't really miss a beat when ORU switched to man. Defensively I thought we played really well but we got killed on the glass, through Denver's first 12 possessions I believe there was only 1 they didn't get points on even though they missed 3 or 4 times, they are deadly on the offensive glass. This might be the most complete game we've played all season, hopefully we can keep that momentum rolling!

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    This was after both AJ and Quayle passed up open shots on the offensive end with less than 10 seconds on the shot clock and we turned it over, I believe the exact words I could hear from my seats half way across the arena were "SHOOT THE DAMN BALL" Was nice to see AJ actually participate in a game, the offense moved the ball very well against the zone and didn't really miss a beat when ORU switched to man. Defensively I thought we played really well but we got killed on the glass, through Denver's first 12 possessions I believe there was only 1 they didn't get points on even though they missed 3 or 4 times, they are deadly on the offensive glass. This might be the most complete game we've played all season, hopefully we can keep that momentum rolling!
    The way the team responded to that timeout had a huge impact on the game. I thought they were kind of going through the motions before he lit into them. Afterwards, they played very good basketball for most of the rest of the game.

My 8 year old daughter was sitting beside me and she was legitimately scared after hearing that timeout. We were about 4 rows away and heard and felt every word. We are still laughing about her reaction to that timeout days later