Page 158 of 209 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2087

Thread: 2015 Recruiting Prospects

Default Re: 2015 Recruiting Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Everybody take a deep breath. Think of it this way:

The recruiting process is like dating.
    Making a verbal commitment is like getting engaged.
    Signing a letter of intent is like getting married.

In today's world, the recruiting process is incredibly competitive. Some kids/families and some schools make commitments with a wink. Some athletes want to get engaged, but continue to date. Some schools part ways with committed athletes when they find a better option.

If an athlete makes a verbal commitment and then decides to continue looking at other schools, I think it is entirely legitimate for the first school to inform the athlete that "since we don't have a firm commitment, we will continue to look at other athletes."

It is not reasonable to expect a school to keep a scholarship open, JUST IN CASE, a kid decides to stick with a "commitment." A school MIGHT do that, but if they do they are acting out of weakness. NDSU is in a position where there are more good players who want to be Bison than there are available scholarships. I'm sure our coaching staff will not try to interfere with the recruiting process or limit the options of an uncommitted kid. Once a kid makes a verbal commitment, they have every right, in my opinion, to tell a kid that if they do certain things they will look elsewhere.
    We just lost Badlands.

Anyways, any recruits already enrolled like Collins last year?

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill View Post
    NDSU pretty much threatened to pull his offer if he went.
    Shit or get off the pot
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Shit or get off the pot
    This late in the game with pretty much all the scholarships used, it can really screw things up not only for the team but other kids who may be trying to decide at the last minute. It's a dominoe effect. Can't offer plan B and C if A falls through at the last minute and they go to their plan B. So even if it's true, it's for the best of everyone. Except for the Gophers who have nothing invested into the situation other than a weak non commital walk on offer hoping for a discount since their are family ties.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I highly doubt that. Joe Glen essentially said what he appreciates about NDSU is they dont recruit by running down other programs or by ruining player's opportunities!

I'll accept what USD's coach publicly stated over your post! The best part of that is when he said it, he added, "like other ND schools"
    It came from the mouth of Jaxon Brown, so yeah, guessing it did in fact happen

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    More of your bullshit Gopher propaganda. Will you PLEASE douse yourself with gas and smoke a cigarette. Be sure your boy Golden Shower is there to save you. Pun intended.

Like i said earlier, that came directly from Brown. Believe it or not believe it. I stand by it

It came from the mouth of Jaxon Brown, so yeah, guessing it did in fact happen
    You upset? Go back to gopher hole and rationalize how much better the mighty gophers are than us because PA and the local mn media don't respect your program

We got him you didnt...live with it
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    This late in the game with pretty much all the scholarships used, it can really screw things up not only for the team but other kids who may be trying to decide at the last minute. It's a dominoe effect. Can't offer plan B and C if A falls through at the last minute and they go to their plan B. So even if it's true, it's for the best of everyone. Except for the Gophers who have nothing invested into the situation other than a weak non commital walk on offer hoping for a discount since their are family ties.
    Is it really the best for everyone? Look at it from a neutral position. You're telling an 18 year old kid if he takes a visit, his scholly is gone. And to be fair it happens nationwide . I can't remember Kill doing it(doesn't mean it didn't happen) but several instances under Mason and Brewster. In the end, the free education won out, which is fine. Too bad it happened that way, Jaxon is a great kid.

Is it really the best for everyone? Look at it from a neutral position. You're telling an 18 year old kid if he takes a visit, his scholly is gone. And to be fair it happens nationwide . I can't remember Kill doing it(doesn't mean it didn't happen) but several instances under Mason and Brewster. In the end, the free education won out, which is fine. Too bad it happened that way, Jaxon is a great kid.
    I don't see them pulling the scholarship necessarily but like sams said they would bring in other guys for visits then see how that turns out. They probably told them if he visits his scholarship offer isn't secured if they find someone else they like.
    "We All From Africa"

Guess I have little knowledge on recruitment process and rules but couldn't he have pushed requested an official visit to MN earlier? Like others said I am sure they do this to the ones that are doing this process in mid January after a verbal, saves having to throw a desperation offer if he decides to go to MN as a walk on or what have you. Would then be a decision of worth throwing away a free education from here or possible free education (or maybe never?) from there because of a higher profile school? Maybe he talked to the MN coaches and they said best you get right now is walk on and with NDSU requesting (maybe in a less threatening manner than stated) not to take it was enough to cancel.
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Like the Gophers don't do it with their recruits! If they were really interested in him why wait until now to show interest? Offer him a scholarship and be done with it. Right bill?
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN