Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Oru gdt 2/8

Default Re: Oru gdt 2/8

Yes he is. But think we lack in that department.

The bashing on Dave has gotten old and is just ridiculous. He’s at 112 wins and hasn’t finished his sixth year. Saul, who is revered by the bashers on this board, finished at 108 wins through six full years. Dave has guided teams to three Summit Championship games and has won two of them. Saul’s teams got knocked out in the first round of the Summit three consecutive years. This team looks to be headed back to the Summit title game again. He has an NCAA Tournament win. And he’s doing this against SDSU and USD teams that also have new facilities. And in era when Bison fans have all but given up on hoops because they’re following football until January. When all is said and done, Dave will go down as one of the best to patrol the sidelines here. Do the math and you’ll arrive at the same conclusion.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What a shock, SDBison with another crap take!

Another impressive NDSU win. I enjoy this team!

Quote Originally Posted by SUAlum05 View Post
    The bashing on Dave has gotten old and is just ridiculous. He’s at 112 wins and hasn’t finished his sixth year. Saul, who is revered by the bashers on this board, finished at 108 wins through six full years. Dave has guided teams to three Summit Championship games and has won two of them. Saul’s teams got knocked out in the first round of the Summit three consecutive years. This team looks to be headed back to the Summit title game again. He has an NCAA Tournament win. And he’s doing this against SDSU and USD teams that also have new facilities. And in era when Bison fans have all but given up on hoops because they’re following football until January. When all is said and done, Dave will go down as one of the best to patrol the sidelines here. Do the math and you’ll arrive at the same conclusion.
    LMFAO what's his marquee win, ETSU? Give me a break.

knotek and maleek havnt played in 3 games....they sloshed there way through this 1 that second half was pathetic

The team is playing well and hopefully can finish it out and get back to the dance

Richman has done a good job, there are a few things I don't love but I am just going to let them go and enjoy the season. The team is playing hard and having fun, we just had three road wins. I think we have won 13/16 or something like that. The team is where we wanted them to be, just need to finish strong.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Richman is just as good of an Xs and Os coach as Saul ever was. Recruiting is a different story but overall Richman has given NDSU a better return on investment than many other Summit coaches who were/are cashing bigger paychecks.

For what it’s worth: as an outside observer, I am continually puzzled why some NDSU “fans” are so critical of Dave Richman. I can only assume they are fair-weather fans who don’t really understand anything about what actually makes for a good basketball coach and a successful basketball program. Take it from someone who has been around college basketball (and college basketball coaches) for 50 years: your coach checks all the boxes. Especially when compared to Saul Phillips, who I found in my personal dealings was an absolute phony. In short, I would take your coach for my school every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I just hope his Bison critics come to appreciate him before they lose him to another job.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Titan View Post
    For what it’s worth: as an outside observer, I am continually puzzled why some NDSU “fans” are so critical of Dave Richman. I can only assume they are fair-weather fans who don’t really understand anything about what actually makes for a good basketball coach and a successful basketball program. Take it from someone who has been around college basketball (and college basketball coaches) for 50 years: your coach checks all the boxes. Especially when compared to Saul Phillips, who I found in my personal dealings was an absolute phony. In short, I would take your coach for my school every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I just hope his Bison critics come to appreciate him before they lose him to another job.
    this is just rediculous