Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Frisco Tickets

Default Re: Frisco Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    One thing will be a constant. It will be a cluster fuck.

Last year I couldnt get seats where I wanted. Tried to back out and try another section. Wouldnt let me. Had to relog in for every transaction or attempt..

Every year is the same.
    Last year's system was deffinetly a problem for a lot of people. For whatever reason the tickets in your cart weren't held for you until you 100% checked out. As someone said before, you could be in the process of purchasing the tickets and someone else if they were faster would buy them from under you.

I would strongly suggest having your card and info loaded into Flash Seats before you even go into the waiting room. If i recall correctly they allow Apple Pay, so that makes the whole process take 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I think last year I was selecting seats and other users were completing their sale of the same seats before I could. Once I selected seats further back I could finally get a transaction to go through.
    It seemed to me like the problem was their seat map wasn't updating. I kept switching between different sections and seeing seats all the way down to row 1 open but when I tried to select them it would give the "Oops, looks like another fan has beat you to these seats". Then if I did a hard browser refresh with the seat map open (which took a long damn time - 30-60 seconds IIRC) the seat map would update and I could see the first 5 to 6 rows all unavailable. They could improve it a lot by using better ticketing software IMO. Something that would update the seat map in real time.

Just got an email from the NCAA regarding presale:

EXCLUSIVE PRESALE BEGINS WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 21 AT 10 A.M. ET

Dear Past Attendee,

Mark your calendar, it's almost time to purchase your tickets to the 2020 NCAAŽ Division I Football Championship Game on January 11 in Frisco, Texas!

As a thank you for attending the game in the past, we would like to offer you priority access to tickets 24 hours in advance of the usual presale:
    • Your Exclusive Presale Start: Wednesday, August 21 (10 a.m. ET)
    • Your Exclusive Presale Deadline: Friday, August 23 (11:59 p.m. ET)
    • Your Exclusive Presale Ticket Limit: 4
    You will receive a reminder email with link to purchase next Wednesday in advance of your exclusive presale. Ticket demand is expected to be very high and fans are encouraged to purchase as soon as tickets are available. For more details on the presale of the championship overall, please visit NCAA.com/FCS.

Thank you again for your support of NCAA Football and we'll see you in Frisco!

Your Exclusive Presale Ticket Limit: 4

Hmmm that will make buying 8 a bit harder than usual.

Note, the Aug 21st date......wonder if this is some way of slowing down NDSU fans with the 4 ticket limit?

From their own site:
    2020 CHAMPIONSHIP TICKETS - Previous ticket purchasers who have purchased directly through the NCAA and fans who have signed up for email updates will have the opportunity to purchase tickets in advance of the public during a limited presale window beginning Thursday, August 22.

However, my email I received:
    EXCLUSIVE PRESALE BEGINS WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 21 AT 10 A.M. ET

Hmmmm...does anyone else have access to the double secret ULTRA exclusive presale on Tuesday, August 20th?

Edit: Plot Twist; another email i received, looked exactly the same but with a August 22nd presale date. Great job marketing team!

Double Edit: Figured it out. There are two emails going out. They look exactly the same minus the dates and the greeting. One says "Dear Football Fan" with the 8/22 date; and the other email is "Dear Past Attendee" with the 8/21 date. So I guess their are two presales going on.

My "Dear past attendee" email caps my purchase at 4.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    My "Dear past attendee" email caps my purchase at 4.

Yup, the past attendees get 4 tickets on Wednesday, just regular shmugular fans get 8 tickets on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Yup, the past attendees get 4 tickets on Wednesday, just regular shmugular fans get 8 tickets on Thursday.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Note, the Aug 21st date......wonder if this is some way of slowing down NDSU fans with the 4 ticket limit?
    I think it’s a way to slow down whiners from other schools
    Just buy the rest up the next day
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans