Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce Anderson the best RB receiving threat in Bison history?

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bruce Anderson the best RB receiving threat in Bison history?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Bruce has trimmed down this year, just doesn't quite have the length as Johnson.

Will be interesting to see if Bruce has a shot at the next level. He keeps up his pace it might happen.
    Last year I thought Bruce was the third best RB on the team. His vision has improved this year and I think by losing five pounds has made him a much better back. I think he does get a shot at the next level because he is also a great special teams player. His versitility makes him atttactive.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Beautiful throw!!!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The BEST RB for NDSU ever? That would be a stretch i think. The best RB when compared to today's standard of a RB needing to catch as well as run the #$%@ ball, Bruce is definitely in the conversation. Even ten years ago, RB didn't seem to catch balls as much as they do now. So comparing a modern RB to anyone else in the distant past isn't a real fair comparison.

But as far as the title of the thread, yes, I think he is in the top 5 of receiving RB's we have had. Need to do research on RB stats to compare.

would have to think there's a long way to go before Anderson passes Morlock.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

At the very least I hope its a sign that coaching plans to get him or the other backs more down field on wheel routes and seam routes as well. A great way to make up for a weak Receiving corp, or at least a receiving corp that isnt producing to this teams standards.

2018 Team Completions (through 5 games):

Distribution:

Wide Receivers: 31.

Tight Ends: 9.

RB/FB: 14.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Bruce obviously has a lot of speed, but I also found it visually interesting that Shepperd appeared to have no trouble putting on a burst to catch Bruce (or even overtake him if he needed to) during this clip.

Not a knock on Bruce, by any means. More of an impression on Shepperd's speed that we sometimes don't get to see, or maybe take for granted sometimes, or may have been limited due to injury in the past.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Bruce obviously has a lot of speed, but I also found it visually interesting that Shepperd appeared to have no trouble putting on a burst to catch Bruce (or even overtake him if he needed to) during this clip.

Not a knock on Bruce, by any means. More of an impression on Shepperd's speed that we sometimes don't get to see, or maybe take for granted sometimes, or may have been limited due to injury in the past.
    Shep is flat out fast and quick...we get to see the quickness a great deal, he breaks a lot of ankles, but you are right, he put the afterburners on in the clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post

Darrius ran 11.33 in the 100 meters as a high school senior.
    18th best in Blue Springs T & F history.

Looks faster than that now.