Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
I was comparing that the $5k difference is much less than every other school I compared, and the OOS rate is much less than those OOS options and not much more than in state for those other states. I've been through this 3 times with my sons. Once you add in room and board, $5k is a small percentage of the overall cost and puts schools in the same neighborhood when it comes to cost. Many OOS schools and private schools will cost you $30-$40k AFTER financial aid. So paying full boat at NDSU at $25-$27k is very competitive with in state tuition at public schools in other states. Again, way too expensive, but still relatively good to other schools.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Fair points. Sounds like $5k could tip the scales for quite a bit of out of state folks when they’re making their decision if it were to make NDSU considerably cheaper than their in-state option.

As an aside, I grew up in ND and due to the points you’ve made it essentially made 0 sense for me to pursue my engineering degree anywhere other than NDSU. Which is cool because I love the school but is total BS in reality and based on principle alone I will never back the charging of different kids different amounts of money based on where their parents live.