Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: UND Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: UND Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Does Caden Kuntz also kick? I’m asking because I saw another kicker out there practicing FGs with Crosa before the second half and was hitting them from 51 yards. To me, the other kicker looked like he was wearing #15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, saw that as well. And the only #15 listed on the roster is Kuntz. Would be a tragedy to burn a red shirt for a kicker!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    I disagree. He made a commitment. Breaking commitments shows lack of character.
    A persons "goodness" can be correlated to their ethics and morals.
    I took the hypothetical context of his leaving to be, either 1) getting drafted to the NFL, or 2) graduate transfer, in either case the mutual obligations between him and the University would have been fulfilled.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I think I did, but hope I didnt read in this thread that Trey could transfer to Clemson?...that's ludicrous
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

A lot of people expressing concern over the number of rushing attempts for Lance. I get it, because the norm has been 5-8 carries/game for the QBs in recent history.

But one thing I think that's notable about him is his combination of size and speed/quickness. Lance came into the program bigger and faster than the QBs who came before him.

As true freshmen.....
    Trey Lance 6-foot-3, 215 lbs
    Easton Stick 6-foot-2, 200 lbs
    Carson Wentz 6-foot-5, 205 lbs
    Brock Jensen 6-foot-3, 216 lbs

The fact Lance came in bigger than both Stick and Wentz is important when you're talking about taking hits, especially at a young age. But the thing that separates Lance even more is his speed and quickness. That's a big reason why the staff is entrusting him more as a rushing weapon. This is a strong kid with great rushing ability. It'd be foolish to neuter what makes him special.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Did Sproles even play? Running the clock out at the end of first half completely lame. You have to go 2-minute drill there like you need a score to win in Frisco...that's how you get better.
    Well let’s just say I didn’t get to hold the Phoenix sign up very much!
    Re: the UND mascot - Fire him. Holding up a demeaning sign in front of your football team???

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Yes, saw that as well. And the only #15 listed on the roster is Kuntz. Would be a tragedy to burn a red shirt for a kicker!!!!
    I'm pretty sure it was will cardinal

Quote Originally Posted by eman View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was will cardinal
    Will is #34 and taller than than the kid booting the long, accurate FGs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Team needs to play better - +31 over UND proves little... about NDSU.

That said, not sure how Trey could play much better.

Big concern: James Hendricks's injury - hope he gets completely well soon
    Big relief: UND fans have completely stopped tweeting about NDSU... really gonna miss their football hot takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    A lot of people expressing concern over the number of rushing attempts for Lance. I get it, because the norm has been 5-8 carries/game for the QBs in recent history.

But one thing I think that's notable about him is his combination of size and speed/quickness. Lance came into the program bigger and faster than the QBs who came before him.

As true freshmen.....
    Trey Lance 6-foot-3, 215 lbs
    Easton Stick 6-foot-2, 200 lbs
    Carson Wentz 6-foot-5, 205 lbs
    Brock Jensen 6-foot-3, 216 lbs

The fact Lance came in bigger than both Stick and Wentz is important when you're talking about taking hits, especially at a young age. But the thing that separates Lance even more is his speed and quickness. That's a big reason why the staff is entrusting him more as a rushing weapon. This is a strong kid with great rushing ability. It'd be foolish to neuter what makes him special.
    But..... In the past we have held the QB rushing back for the playoffs, just to make sure our QB makes it through the season ..

Personally, I am not sold on our wide receivers yet. The Butler CB's seemed to be able to cover them man-to-man fairly well.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Team needs to play better - +31 over UND proves little... about NDSU.

That said, not sure how Trey could play much better.

Big concern: James Hendricks's injury - hope he gets completely well soon
    Big relief: UND fans have completely stopped tweeting about NDSU... really gonna miss their football hot takes.

The new "Hot Take" on the HYB is that they got suckered into playing NDSU. It was a huge mistake to play the last two games, and it never should have happened.. lol
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.