Page 88 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Jabril Cox

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    That is a good point. A 1st round pick versus a lower round pick.
    (Does Jabril have a shot at going the first round? I don't know enough to have an opinion.
    He is a great player, no doubt. Is 233 lbs big enough to be a first round draft pick for a linebacker?)
    Hes big enough yes.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So how will he represent NDSU well if his last year is at another school? The average fan will only associate him with wherever he ends up. The school he goes to next is not going to constantly give thanks to NDSU, assuming he does great in FBS.
    Exactly. The evidence being Russell Wilson saying he represents "a whole pack of Badgers" every time he is introduced.

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I can't fault the kid if he thinks moving to FBS will help his draft stock. I'm sure he's had people in the "know" who have told him as much. And they are probably right, IF he performs well at a high major school..
    New city, new coach, new system, new teammates, new everything....it's either gonna be the best decision he ever made, or the worst. Probably not an in-between here. (would have been drafted fairly high if he stayed, but if he doesn't perform well at a high major, it will certainly hurt his stock)

It really sucks he's leaving, but if anyone on this board were in his shoes, and they had a chance to really shine on a high level, in the sport they loved, and they could make them MILLIONS of dollars...i think the vast majority of you would do the same. (whether you admit it or not)

And yea, Carson...I get it. That was not typical just an FYI. He was in a in very bad QB class. Carson, Goff, and Prescott are the only ones who made anything of themselves in that class as far as I remember. And Prescott wasn't expected to be good, he was picked 135th.

Couple of quick thoughts. Will Jabril need to be guaranteed a starting position where he goes before he commits to them or is he just going to roll the dice ? Any chance there was some funny buisness going on with Jablil's recruitment to LSU? Seems the timing at LSU and Bo Pellini's arrival is a little too coincidental !

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I can't fault the kid if he thinks moving to FBS will help his draft stock. I'm sure he's had people in the "know" who have told him as much. And they are probably right, IF he performs well at a high major school..
    New city, new coach, new system, new teammates, new everything....it's either gonna be the best decision he ever made, or the worst. Probably not an in-between here. (would have been drafted fairly high if he stayed, but if he doesn't perform well at a high major, it will certainly hurt his stock)

It really sucks he's leaving, but if anyone on this board were in his shoes, and they had a chance to really shine on a high level, in the sport they loved, and they could make them MILLIONS of dollars...i think the vast majority of you would do the same. (whether you admit it or not)

And yea, Carson...I get it. That was not typical just an FYI. He was in a in very bad QB class. Carson, Goff, and Prescott are the only ones who made anything of themselves in that class as far as I remember. And Prescott wasn't expected to be good, he was picked 135th.
    The fact that he's doing what's best for him is not relevant to my disappointment in him for leaving the team prior to one of the biggest games in program history.

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    Couple of quick thoughts. Will Jabril need to be guaranteed a starting position where he goes before he commits to them or is he just going to roll the dice ? Any chance there was some funny buisness going on with Jablil's recruitment to LSU? Seems the timing at LSU and Bo Pellini's arrival is a little too coincidental !
    Unless someone admits, we can only speculate. The fact that we are hearing the NDSU coaches were taken by surprise of this announcement makes the whole situation not look too good.

With that said, best of luck to Jabril, but I'm excited to see the next stud LB(s) NDSU produces. It's been a long time that the Bison were not strong at the LB corp and I don't expect that to change anytime soon. It's not exactly the same situation as losing guys like Olsen, Beck or DeLuca during the season, but each time that happen, somebody rose to the occasion.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I'm sure he is only going to go into a situation where it's pretty well set in stone.
    College of Business Alumnus

Of course he was contacted by FBS schools...(through a 3rd party of course, but they were just messengers of the actual coaches).
    Anyone can be guaranteed a starting spot, but this isn't pre-school. Perform or don't play. That being said, they obviously saw enough to like him and think he can start. And he almost certainly will.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    The fact that he's doing what's best for him is not relevant to my disappointment in him for leaving the team prior to one of the biggest games in program history.
    But, I'm disappointed too...don't let it blind the fact that he's making the decision he thinks is best. I think if he is a stud in the NFL, he will give lots of props to NDSU. In fact, I have no doubt about that.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    But, I'm disappointed too...don't let it blind the fact that he's making the decision he thinks is best. I think if he is a stud in the NFL, he will give lots of props to NDSU. In fact, I have no doubt about that.
    :

You, like 23Bison, assume a lot, too.