Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: SDSU Rnd 2 Post Game Thoughts

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SDSU Rnd 2 Post Game Thoughts

It's simple: clock starts at 25 sec

2nd Down: Spike it
    3rd Down: Pass end zone
    4th Down: FG

It's simple, no it's elementary. You could even Pass on 2nd down, but you have to step up and snap the ball within 5 sec. If you played QB your whole life, Not sure how you screw that up. If a play doesn't get in, you step up and spike it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    On the radio post-game show, Dudzik said he was on the sideline at the time and heard Klieman doing exactly that. (Telling Stick the clock would run)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Well then it's an even bigger mistake. Why would you run all the time down if you knew the clock wasn't running and you didn't have a time out. Should have called a fade IMO. Then they could regroup if there was an incomplete pass.
    What was failed to be mentioned in quoting Dudzik was he said that Stick was going away from Klieman and he's not so sure Stick ever heard Klieman tell him the clock would run.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post

It's simple, no it's elementary. You could even Pass on 2nd down, but you have to step up and snap the ball within 5 sec. If you played QB your whole life, Not sure how you screw that up. If a play doesn't get in, you step up and spike it.
    Having been a coach and an athlete... Lots of things are easier when you're sitting in the stands.

It was a mistake, the kid said he made a mistake, everybody knows he made a mistake... I'm not sure why we're all still talking about it.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ya, well duh. But even if you messed up and ran off most of the clock, deciding to run vs throwing it away so you can kick a FG was big mistake #2. I don't expect to that from a guy who's played QB his whole life. Compound errors.

Ya, well duh. But even if you messed up and ran off most of the clock, deciding to run vs throwing it away so you can kick a FG was big mistake #2. I don't expect to that from a guy who's played QB his whole life. Compound errors.
    I have watched professionals screw up things like this.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Having been a coach and an athlete... Lots of things are easier when you're sitting in the stands.

It was a mistake, the kid said he made a mistake, everybody knows he made a mistake... I'm not sure why we're all still talking about it.
    Ditto this^^^

Stick played extremely well. The pass he made on 3rd and whatever where Legendowski across the middle was incredible. He threw him open just as he got inside the LB. Great throw and catch. This was on the 20 play drive. If anyone can post that pass you'll see what I mean. It was awesome. Not sure Wentz could or would have thrown it. Watch for Easton to shine even more going forward. And think of what he learned from the experience of that goal line experience. I like him as our starting QB for next two years and the rest of this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

The mistake was that he thought the clock started on the snap versus on the set. Not all the other stuff most are talking about.

I can't remember but wasn't there something like 24 seconds left or so when the clock started? If that's not running, he read the defense and audibled into a better play than what was called. I liked his play. He was a half yard away from scoring. Would have been plenty of time to spike it for a fg or go for it again. Lesson learned. Let's move on.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Seriously. Why the f**k are you still bringing this Up? As makbison said, he knows he screwed up. He accepted responsibility and then went and won the game. Would you have preferred that Klieman bench him?

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Sounds like you know the answer to that.
    I don't know for sure. I do know it isn't unusual to head for the locker room early when it's pretty certain you won't need to make any more calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk