Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: SDSU Rnd 2 Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: SDSU Rnd 2 Post Game Thoughts

Yeah I'm not so sure you can say that... Sure you would like to have one or all of them left for the end of the half. However if we use them to get out of a play and into something that actually worked then I would say they were a good use. I think that's what we did. I don't think we useed them because we had a mental error or did not get a play in on time or any of the that. I think we use them to change the play after the defense responded into something that we weren't ready for

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    yes we did not have great use in our timeouts in the first half.
    Most coaches don't value first half timeouts.

I wonder if the offensive coaches were even in their box when we got the ball back. Just sayin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Stick must not have realized the clock was running. Changing plays was definitely not a good move. I think it's something he'll learn from and won't make the mistake again.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    You mean everybody like journalists?

http://www.inforum.com/content/ndsu-...son-slips-away

http://www.yankton.net/sports/articl...9db0e3e34.html

http://www.sdsucollegian.com/multime...3b4693ce6.html

Nope. Journalists of the day wrote about it like an ankle sprain or other common football injury. It was noteworthy that Berry returned, but hardly controversial.

Compare to the firestorm that surrounded Hoke when he put a concussed player back in. Not even comparable.

Stig's decisions that day (although wrong with the benefit of hindsight) were not out of the ordinary for college football at the time (or any level of football for that matter). Sorry the facts don't fit the Bisonville narrative.
    If it was no big deal, why did they take away his helmet in the first place? Apparently it's only safe to play with a concussion after your last QB is injured.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    When I was in high school back around 2000-2001 a guy I played soccer with suffered a concussion and was held out several games. Purple knew that concussions were serious long before 2008. We are constantly learning more and more about the long term effects but to say it was fine to put the kid back in because that's the way it was done back then is just bullshit.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    I've never said it was fine. Only that it was normal at the time, and that it isn't fair to judge Stig (or any other coach) based on information that didn't come out until later. In 2008, the words "concussion protocol" didn't exist. Neurologists didn't even have a good way of determining the severity of concussions, how to treat them (still no real treatment other than rest), or how long a player should sit out after a concussion. Here's an article from 2013 where ESPN is explaining what the concussion protocol is: http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/p...ssion-protocol

That article references the NFL's return to participation process, which was published on 10/1/2013. http://static.nfl.com/static/content...0000254002.pdf

It was the biggest game of the year (by far) for both programs in those days. Why didn't the media make a bigger deal out of such a controversial decision?

Because at the time, in 2008, it was worth noting but certainly not out of the ordinary.

Continue to believe what you want, because Bisonville said so.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Most coaches don't value first half timeouts.

I wonder if the offensive coaches were even in their box when we got the ball back. Just sayin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds like you know the answer to that.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Stick must not have realized the clock was running. Changing plays was definitely not a good move. I think it's something he'll learn from and won't make the mistake again.
    He clearly had no idea it was running. I didn't see any coaches on the sideline yelling to remind him during the lull when the officials were figuring everything out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    He clearly had no idea it was running. I didn't see any coaches on the sideline yelling to remind him during the lull when the officials were figuring everything out.
    On the radio post-game show, Dudzik said he was on the sideline at the time and heard Klieman doing exactly that. (Telling Stick the clock would run)
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Since we are still debating all of this.
    I watched the game today as I had not rewatched it.
    When the player punched at Tre, his body language gave him away. As he walked away he gave a glance
    Over his shoulder that was very telling. As if to say"there".
    Body language can give you away, as anyone on here can tell you. Especally parents!
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    On the radio post-game show, Dudzik said he was on the sideline at the time and heard Klieman doing exactly that. (Telling Stick the clock would run)
    Well then it's an even bigger mistake. Why would you run all the time down if you knew the clock wasn't running and you didn't have a time out. Should have called a fade IMO. Then they could regroup if there was an incomplete pass.