Page 93 of 139 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: BISONATION Recruiting Updates

Default Re: BISONATION Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    calling Wisconsin down makes you look like a fool. Which wouldn't be your first time. Your Milwaukee statements secured that title. Embarrassed for you to be honest. If an in state kid wants to take a walk on to Wisconsin, it would be an honor for that kid. Yeah, you are the only one that expects excellence....ok.

Pretend you are 18 and going on a visit to Madison. State Street, Jump around, unreal facilities, it is your home state team, etc. Pretty amazing. Hope a full ride and COA gets him. Just stating that this board has become increasingly arrogant about how crappy other schools are compared to perfect NDSU.
    Well #10 is much better than #20. Never said they were not a good program. FYI, the comments about Milwaukee kids came from a coach and parent of a former fb player. Their words not mine. I think I've stated that several times now. Maybe you missed it. You would be shocked with which coach uttered those words. I'll speculate you have talked with him a time or two.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

The only question I have is why don't these kids just walk on to these Big Ten teams in the first place and skip the recruiting? It seems like a complete waste of time when their dream is to play there. There is zero difference between a preferred walk on and a regular walk on when it comes to money so why not just do it two months ago. I get waiting for a full ride, but why committ to a different school and then walk on anyway?[/QUOTE]

I agree- the slight difference is preferred means you usually start practice before school starts as they can only have a limited number practicing until classes start then everyone can practice. (not sure the numbers- but think it may be around 100)

Quote Originally Posted by Winning is Gr8 View Post
    The only question I have is why don't these kids just walk on to these Big Ten teams in the first place and skip the recruiting? It seems like a complete waste of time when their dream is to play there. There is zero difference between a preferred walk on and a regular walk on when it comes to money so why not just do it two months ago. I get waiting for a full ride, but why committ to a different school and then walk on anyway?

The difference between a regular walk on and a preferred walk-on is this. A PWO is guaranteed a roster spot. Although if you really think your good enough, you shouldn't have any worries about making the team. Although both have to pay cash to go to college.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I don't care what Burgundy or anybody else says here there is something wrong with not honoring or respecting verbal commitments. First there is the recruit that backs out after giving his word and then there are the teams coaches that offer after a recruit commits without respect for his prior commitment (sure I know it goes both way and NDSU has done it, but that des not make it right). If it were a now and then occurrence I might be OK, but it is happening too often. Is this like the 4th or 5th Bison recruit this season to get another offer after verbally committing? At least two have been lost. Just seems wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I don't care what Burgundy or anybody else says here there is something wrong with not honoring or respecting verbal commitments. First there is the recruit that backs out after giving his word and then there are the teams coaches that offer after a recruit commits without respect for his prior commitment (sure I know it goes both way and NDSU has done it, but that des not make it right). If it were a now and then occurrence I might be OK, but it is happening too often. Is this like the 4th or 5th Bison recruit this season to get another offer after verbally committing? At least two have been lost. Just seems wrong.
    Yes people should never be allowed to change their mind /everyshadeofpurple

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Yes people should never be allowed to change their mind /everyshadeofpurple
    yep people's word means shit these days........must be a generational thing.

yep people's word means shit these days........must be a generational thing.
    I understand that it is frustrating, but I don't think that it is generational. As you pointed out in your previous post coaches work the system too---and they are not all young.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    I understand that it is frustrating, but I don't think that it is generational. As you pointed out in your previous post coaches work the system too---and they are not all young.
    just my opinion........really don't want the guys who change their mind but some here think these guys are so awesome even when they decommit.

I will not fault a kid for changing his mind. Especially when coaches arent held to the same standard. Its a hell of a decision for an 18 year old to make.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

just my opinion........really don't want the guys who change their mind but some here think these guys are so awesome even when they decommit.
    Does their talent level change based on this decision
    Yeah guessed not