Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Bowl games

Default Re: Bowl games

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    13-0 with their non-con schedule isn't going to get you in. They played Illinois, Northwestern, and Georgia Southern. That's not good enough.
    Non-conference schedule aside playing in the MAC would not be good enough to get them in the playoffs.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I havent seen Penn State play this physical in a long time. Some serious popping going on.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    Non-conference schedule aside playing in the MAC would not be good enough to get them in the playoffs.
    Lets say they go do the same thing Houston did and schedule big-time non-conf schedule. Say they go beat Penn St, Florida St, and Oklahoma(three top fifteen type teams), they'd have a pretty awesome shot. At that point, I think the committee would have to throw them a bone for beating the B1G Champ, the Big 12 Champ, and a top 3 ACC team.

They'd have to get really f'ing lucky and hit on one or two of those two teams becoming a conference champ....and not lose a single game.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I havent seen Penn State play this physical in a long time. Some serious popping going on.
    Nice to see a blueblood back in the big time. Gives me hope!

Is this Penn St or a Minnesota team out there?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

WTF were they thinking? Youve got all of your time outs and 1.20 on the clock and you go for the home run ball? JFC
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

WTF were they thinking? Youve got all of your time outs and 1.20 on the clock and you go for the home run ball? JFC
    Well there's that...But how about Penn state's play calling on the drive before USC tieing TD...AND the Vikings prevent that allowed USC to tie the game. Wow.

And seriously...Why was that game so long? Did the cotton bowl run long and I just didn't realize it?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Some serious popping going on.
    Twmms. (That's what Mike Mcqueary said)

Goodnight bisonville.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Twmms. (That's what Mike Mcqueary said)

Goodnight bisonville.
    must spread rep.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Lets say they go do the same thing Houston did and schedule big-time non-conf schedule. Say they go beat Penn St, Florida St, and Oklahoma(three top fifteen type teams), they'd have a pretty awesome shot. At that point, I think the committee would have to throw them a bone for beating the B1G Champ, the Big 12 Champ, and a top 3 ACC team.

They'd have to get really f'ing lucky and hit on one or two of those two teams becoming a conference champ....and not lose a single game.
    And there is the rub WMU had absolutely no chance at the playoff before they even took a snap.